Controlled Carb Lifestyle Support Here!

LaJauna
LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
If you are trying to live a controlled carb life style, this is the thread for you. Let's come together and support each other with encouraging words, suggestions and recipes! I am LaJauna in California and I am on a quest to Onederland! I am looking for others with like-minded thinking to walk the path with me.

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    I am right here with you!!! I am going to be in and out of here due to getting things ready to go back to school.

I am not only low carbing (Paleo style), I am also following the HCG plan right now.

I feel great, have lots of energy and I am raring to go!!

Talk to you soon and don't let anyone stray you away from your health and your goals.
  • hellospf50
    hellospf50 Posts: 15 Member
    Onederland! I get it!!!:laugh: yes it is my life style also but I'm still learning :ohwell: I now try to keep my carbs at 20-30:happy:grams I do not crave any thing and feel fine some times i have to say ok grab a snack your body needs food!

I was onedering :bigsmile:
    can we share what we eat (I need help finding more yum thing to eat) I don't want to get stuck eating the same thing all the time :mad: I seem to have a lot of eggs like 2-4 a day, and I like chicken I also eat tilapia (fish) w/ butter yum yum salads cheese

I have been losing weight since the fall my doctor but me on high blood pressure meds:explode: he said if I lose weight I will help my heart :heart:

I think this message board will be onederfull sorry had to try!!!!:bigsmile:
  • LaJauna
    I have loads of great recipes! The best I have found that has great photos of all the recipes prepared is:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html (cut and paste into web window!) I have used many of her recipes and I have made up a few of my own. I made a great Ham, Cheese and Broccoli quiche (without crust) today. It was yummy! It made 8 pieces and I ate 2 for lunch!
  • hellospf50
    I cut & pasted looks good has lots of menus to look @:happy: I'll try to sit down and look at it tonight after dinner

thanks!!!!!
  • Grokette
    I made this today and it was absolutely DEVINE!!!!!

Chocolate, chili powder and cinnamon give this slowly cooked pork a distinctively rich and smoky flavor. Put the ingredients together in the morning, and you'll come home to irresistibly good pork.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups French Onion Soup - I had some made and frozen.

1/4 cup water

1/2 tablespoon chili powder

1/2 tablespoon ground chipolte pepper

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3 1/2 to 4 1/2 pounds)

2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs or powder will work (i used powder)

6 diced plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

Directions:

Stir the soup, water, chili powder, chipolte, brown sugar, cumin and cinnamon in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.

Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the pork is fork-tender. Remove the pork to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Add the cacao to the cooker and stir until melted and well integrated. Return the pork to the cooker for another 20-30 minutes.
  • hellospf50
    sound good i think i have a pork roast in freezer is cacao chocolate? can I use coco powder? do you know how many carb this would be?
  • Oh yay!
    Count me in - I shall be starting my low carb, high protein lifestyle on Saturday :happy:

I'm really looking forward to starting this and I KNOW I can do it; I just have to get through the first couple of days where my cravings may well try and get the better of me!
  • Grokette
    sound good i think i have a pork roast in freezer is cacao chocolate? can I use coco powder? do you know how many carb this would be?

14 carbs in 1oz of raw cacao (which is raw chocolate) and yes you could use cocoa or unsweetened baking chocolate melted.......

Those would be the only carbs, except for the french onion soup, which should not be carb heavy either.
  • LaJauna

Plug it into the recipe maker and it will give you all the values...calories, protein, fat, carbs...
  • LaJauna
    Oh yay!
    Count me in - I shall be starting my low carb, high protein lifestyle on Saturday :happy:

I'm really looking forward to starting this and I KNOW I can do it; I just have to get through the first couple of days where my cravings may well try and get the better of me!

Welcome! I hope you will get lots of encouragement and help here!
  • hellospf50
    Hello Umbraforzare:smile:

We are a friendly bunch:bigsmile: we all can help you!!! all you have to do is just let us!! Lajauna and Groketts are wealth's of info and help me a lot to keep going! me well I seem to ask a lot of ? but I will support you and help you with your new life style:laugh:
  • LaJauna
    I am down again this morning for a grand total of 18 lbs since the first of January! I have lost 10 lbs since starting here on MFP! I am loving getting back in the groove with my controlled carb eating plan. I just finished off my Ham, Broccoli, cheddar crustless quiche! I ate a couple of pieces every other day all week! Yummmmm. I felt like I was eating like a Queen!
  • I am down again this morning for a grand total of 18 lbs since the first of January! I have lost 10 lbs since starting here on MFP! I am loving getting back in the groove with my controlled carb eating plan. I just finished off my Ham, Broccoli, cheddar crustless quiche! I ate a couple of pieces every other day all week! Yummmmm. I felt like I was eating like a Queen!

That sounds incredible - please tell me you have a recipe for that??
  • LaJauna
    . I just finished off my Ham, Broccoli, cheddar crustless quiche! I ate a couple of pieces every other day all week! Yummmmm. I felt like I was eating like a Queen!

That sounds incredible - please tell me you have a recipe for that??
    [/quote]

Yes I do!
    1 cup cooked ham, cubed
    1 cup lightly steamed fresh broccoli
    1 cup cheddar, shredded
    1cup full fat sour cream
    8 eggs, beaten

Mix all together and pour into buttered deep dish pie plate (6 cup minimum!)
    Bake 1 hr at 350 degrees or until puffed up and browned. Cut into 8 servings.
  • Yes I do!
    1 cup cooked ham, cubed
    1 cup lightly steamed fresh broccoli
    1 cup cheddar, shredded
    1cup full fat sour cream
    8 eggs, beaten

Mix all together and pour into buttered deep dish pie plate (6 cup minimum!)
    Bake 1 hr at 350 degrees or until puffed up and browned. Cut into 8 servings.

Ohh wow...I'm so making this next week!
    Thank you :happy:

Just had a thought - years ago I used to have this really delicious tuna and bacon quiche and this recipe could so easily be changed for that instead of the ham and maybe add spinach instead of the broccoli.
  • Axy6830
    Axy6830 Posts: 10 Member
    Finally!!! Some other people who are accepting of the limited carb lifestyle. I am new to the site and posted a few messages on the message board with little response. I am not the best cook or am i very creative when it comes to cooking so i need lots of recipes and support from others that are like me. I will take a look at the links listed below to see if there are any I can use. Feel free to add me.....
  • Grokette
    What kind of things do you like to eat? Here is a great website for low carb recipes.

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

I made an awesome recipe last night........

2 pounds of chuck steak, cut into strips
    1 1/2 red bell pepper cut into slivers
    1 large onion cut into strips
    2 tablespoon chinese 5 spice
    1 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tablespoon crush red pepper flakes
    1/2 tablespoon black pepper
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    3 -4 tablespoons braggs amino acids

I combined everything in a stir fry pan and stir fried the meat and veggies along with the spice. The braggs amino acids (can use soy sauce in place) along with the juice from the meat and spices made a nice gravy type sauce.

I served my husband brown rice with it and I ate the meat along with some steamed broccoli and a salad.

Finally!!! Some other people who are accepting of the limited carb lifestyle. I am new to the site and posted a few messages on the message board with little response. I am not the best cook or am i very creative when it comes to cooking so i need lots of recipes and support from others that are like me. I will take a look at the links listed below to see if there are any I can use. Feel free to add me.....
This discussion has been closed.