MFP Runners Club 9/30

Options
WooHoo get to start the topic today.

Ran our usual 3.5 mile course today in about 34 minutes. Nice and cool so it was good running weather.

Have a great run, workout or rest day today everyone. :drinker:

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    WooHoo get to start the topic today.

Ran our usual 3.5 mile course today in about 34 minutes. Nice and cool so it was good running weather.

Have a great run, workout or rest day today everyone. :drinker:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    I ran a 6 miler today; 65 minutes. Need to improve time.

Good running to all.
  • Slender1
    Options
    Hey runners!

I am running 3-4 miles this afternoon ... hopefully the rain will quit.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Went to 45 min of spinning and 30 min of turbo. Great workout and I'm ready for the day
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    No running for me. My calf/ achilles got worse as the day went on. My dh massaged my leg and I used the foam roller last night, it about KILLED me!! It's better today. He said it feels more like a muscle around my achilles?? I'll take a couple more days off from running. I might head to the Y for the elliptical & swim this morning.

Have a good one!

Jess
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

It is wonderful to see you all here this morning. I am not running today. Today is a rest day for me.

Make it a great day
    -Kechie.
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Well I got out and ran real fast before I have to get ready for work, but I wish I could of had more time. Just when Iwas warming up I had to turn and come home. So I only got in two miles. But it is two miles I wouldn't have gotton in I guess if I stayed in bed!

Maybe get out tomorrow morning.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No run for me today. Did a brutal leg workout, on the bosu. Already feeling it, hope to get a run in tomorrow.

Carol
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Haven't run yet. I'm still sore from the 5k this weekend.

And I've got a dilemma. I placed third at the 5k with a time of 24:14, but checking my times online shows me fourth! I took home an award, but I think it needs to go to someone else. I've contacted the people who put the race on, but no answer yet. Frustrating!!!

On other notes, I've got taekwondo tonight and I'm thinking about running 5 miles afterward. I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my gps receiver!!! I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow.
    The new gym is AWESOME!!!! It's got a pool, a sauna, a dark room with a movie screen and all the cardio machines one could want in front of the movie (like a theater). It's got daycare, basketball court, CARDIO MACHINES WITH BUILT IN TELEVISIONS, and a ton of other cool stuff. I'm so spoiled... I bought my membership 10 years ago, so I pay a fraction for all this workout goodness than many others pay.
  • firegirlred
    Options
    Any marathoners in here?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Haven't run yet. I'm still sore from the 5k this weekend.

And I've got a dilemma. I placed third at the 5k with a time of 24:14, but checking my times online shows me fourth! I took home an award, but I think it needs to go to someone else. I've contacted the people who put the race on, but no answer yet. Frustrating!!!

Hey-- that's just like Jan Brady who really didn't win the award, and fessed up--

We have a true Brady in our midst-- way to go!!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    (oh my gosh-- and if you say, "Who's Jan Brady," I will shoot myself.)
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Any marathoners in here?

Just did a 1/2 2 weeks ago. I am in no hurry to take it up to a full yet.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    No marathons for me. (Of course, I said I would never be a runner either :tongue: ) I've done one 20K. I was hoping to do a half later this month, but I became part of a team going relay style.

I admire those who have the dedication and tenacity to run 26.2 miles!
  • firegirlred
    Options
    Okay-just did 5 miles. I think I figured out how to put in my route. I did this in 54 1/2 minutes, pushing about 70 pounds of stroller/baby/fluids. I don't know what I can run 5 miles without the stroller.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/tx/cedar-park/272213516090
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    today I did a little over 2 miles with my dog, he may be my new running buddy(well it was my dads dog) I am still sore after the ten K on sunday, thats why I took it easy. I dont wanna get into the habit of making excuses.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    so I went for a walk today instead of running, baby in tow so... my jogger stroller doesn't take corners so well so frustrating for actually jog/run but okay for walking:wink: . Oh well....

No -- no marathons here, thinking about a half-marathon next spring!!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Any marathoners in here?

Half marathoner here!

Full marathoner = not in my lifetime. :tongue: A half is challenging enough!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Did 5 x 1200 repeats on the track this morning.

I have done a couple of marathons, although I only have 2-3 halfs planned for the next 5 months.

And yes, I know who Jan Brady is. (I have to put up with that stuff all the time at work and with my kids).
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Any marathoners in here?

Me! Well, I ran one marathon 2 years ago. I've also run 2 half marathons. Did you have some questions?? Ask away!

Jess