What's for dinner?

Options
Asharp22
Asharp22 Posts: 18 Member
OK, I'm starting to think about dinner tonight, and I want to make something healthy... but I have no good ideas.... so tell me whats for dinner at your place tonight? maybe I'll steal a great idea from someone else here..... :)

Replies

• egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    We had chicken and sausage gumbo with brown rice. Got the recipe from Paula Deen on Food Network. I tweaked it a little to make it more healthy. It was very fulfilling and comforting.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon!! I got the individually packed fillets, topped with a little bit of butter, garlic, fresh dill and lemon juice. Baked 4 fillets at 375 for 30 minutes. Even my 3-year-old loved it. :)
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    chicken fijata with homemade salsa
  • hollybrry
    Options
    veggie burger w/ cheese, pickle & bbq on an english muffin. w/ a side of applesauce
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Baked Salmon with Peppers in a Merlot Reduction

Sounds a lot fancier than it is. :D

Bake the salmon as you normally would. Reduce a cup of Merlot and chicken broth in a skillet, throw in the veggies and simmer for 10 min. Serve.
  • Asharp22
    Asharp22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    chicken fijata with homemade salsa

oh we might have a winner here... I made Pico de gallo yesterday, it needs more tomatos added too it, but this sounds really good so far! :) I hope the replies keep coming... It will completely help me plan my thursdays... (BF at school means I can eat fish without hearing that the hosue smells bad lol. Also means I can eat most anything without having to cater to someone else too....)
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I have my niece and nephew over so we're making pizzas!

Boo! The pic I have of the calorie breakdown is WAAAAY to big.

Either way, when you make the pizzas yourself they're way better for you than the frozen ones. Also, you get to pick the toppings!
  • mmulheren
    mmulheren Posts: 17
    Options
    I made hubby and i grilled chicken with american cheese on top with side of steamed mixed veggies
  • Isawau
    Isawau Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm making turkey meatloaf with rice and fresh carrots.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I made turkey chili.... it's snowing here in Ohio this evening - so chili hit the spot!
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Cilantro lime chicken (very low cal/fat/sodium...let me know if you want the recipe) black beans and brown rice with garlic roasted green beans and red peppers.
  • psychohope
    Options
    i was out for dinner with some friends so , had a tiny portion of chips, some scampi and some mixed veg, if im at home i normally cook something quick and easy like a baked chicken breast, with some roast veg, or if the bf is around id roast some veggies and maybe roast a chicken or grill some steaks
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I made tacos but subsituted the beef with ground chicken , the sour cream with greek yogurt. The family ate theirs as tacos I made mine into a taco salad with lots of lettuce , tomato and green onions. It was delish.
  • jcoltx
    jcoltx Posts: 14
    Options
    I had some black bean and pepper salad with cilantro and lime left over from the day before, I cooked some quinoa, cut up some tomatoes and mixed it all together...yum! Anything with that lime and cumin tang is good for me!