Liquor has no calories.

Options
Hiya. I'm Tiffany, age 21, wife, mother of one, and a full time student. I enjoy playing the piano, guitar, reading, writing, waterfalls, sweet tea, cliff jumping, drinking., and so on. Thankfully liquor has no calories. ;) I basically want to lose weight for my daughter. I don't want to be the mother off of What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I want to be excited to take my daughter to the beach etc..and actually feel good about it. Today has been my first day on my lifestyle change and it's gone pretty good. I don't even think about food during the day and when I get hungry I just drink more water and do something to get my mind off of the fatty deliciousness. So hey, it's a pleasure. Let's be friends.

Replies

• jalfrey
    jalfrey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If only...

Unfortunately, my dear, liquors are some of the most calorie-dense foods on the planet--Google it. A gram of alcohol has 7 calories, so the higher proof a liquor, the higher the calories. Rum, whiskey, tequila--all the good stuff--has about 125 calories a shot.

Not that any of that is going to keep me sober on St. Patrick's Day ; )
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    where is this magical liquor with no calories??!?!?!
    a shot of vodka is 70 calories-this goes the same for everything else
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! You'll find lots of help here..... but I think you are wrong about the liquor.... it has plenty of empty calories! You need to watch those! don't drink your calories! eat them!
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    lol i still drink...
    in fact i literally save 100 calories just so that i can have some ciroc with a diet coke
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    You're right. Liquor has zero calories! I love living in an alternative universe :)
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I think she was joking about the booze guys :drinker:
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Good attention grabber! Nice to meet you. :drinker:
  • tlrichardson
    Options
    Simmer down. Simmer down. I'm not a heavy drinker. I thought it was funny. I am very aware of the fact that 100 proof vodka has around 82 calories per ounce( it's made out of potatoes and grains), but when you are dancing the entire night you burn off those calories and then some. So to me, vodka has no calories. I negate everything when I can. :) I'd rather take a shot of liquor than drink a coke any day. (Again, more humor.) Have fun.

P.s Just in case you are wondering, it only takes 9 minutes of jogging to burn off a shot of vodka, 7 minutes of swimming, etc... I think I'm good on the alcohol front. I'm a very busy bee when I drink. Anyway, nice to meet you! ;)