Thirty-something Momma

Options
Hi all,
My name is Tiffany and I have never had a weight problem.... could eat what I wanted, when I wanted, as much as I wanted.

THEN I turned 30 and gave birth to my 3rd baby a year later. After she arrived, I started working out and lost a good amout of my baby weight. (I gained 50lbs). I plateaued when I got down to the 10 lbs to go mark and actually started gaining weight back! I didn't get it. I was working out harder than ever, but kept gaining weight back. I was frustrated and tried calorie counting. Eating what I wanted, but staying under my calories. I was STARVING and I gained 2 lbs! So I quit that after a month. I think I have finally realized I just can't eat like I used to (and I am a foodie). Gosh I love good tasting food! Don't we all?!

My goal is to lose 15 lbs for now and then see how I feel.

I just started "eating clean" this last week and came here to track my food and exercise. Look forward to meeting you all and seeing your successes!!!!

Replies

• Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am 31 and a mommy of 5 children ages 11, 10, 8, 5, & 4. I am getting my body back NOW!!

Welcome!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    30-something mommy here too. Add me as a friend, just don't mind my occasional weird sense of humor. ;D

As a side note, Coils: Your hair is freakin' fabulous!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hi, Good luck with your journey. I've just started here myself, feel free to add me.
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm a 30 something momma with two little girls trying to lose weight. feel free to add me if you want
  • dawn454
    dawn454 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Same thing here! It started creeping and creeping after 30! I joined MFP in Feb. and love it! All together I'm down 20lbs!!! Good Luck!! :smile:
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Hi Tiffany! I'm Kelly, its great to meet u! I am 37 and have 2 grown daughters but I completely understand what u mentioned about struggling with weight loss after babies. U'll be glad that u joined this site, its great for motivation and support!! Feel free to send me a friend request :smile:
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 30 something mommy with 2 little girls and consider myself a 'foodie' too. Love the food and travel shows!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!
  • tifferdawns
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! Will be adding friends soon - yay!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    30-something mommy here too. Add me as a friend, just don't mind my occasional weird sense of humor. ;D

As a side note, Coils: Your hair is freakin' fabulous!

LOL aww thanks!!