Try this - 20 mins doing nothing

Options
I experimented with this from a website I found, actually it was aimed at procrastination.

Finding time slipping away? Try sitting still and doing NOTHING for 20 minutes. This means, no checking your smses, looking at books or listening to music, or suddenly singing random songs that pop into your head like I do.

You'll find usually you're begging to get up and get to the things you need to do at the end of it. It worked for me

Perhaps it can also applying to craving those sugary sweets. Sit still and do nothing for 20 mins. And slowly you can let your mind talk yourself out of it. :)

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have ADHD... so 20 minutes might be a long time for me. But I will try 10 and work from there!
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    this too funny , i have to try it!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'll try it around midnight...when I'm asleep! Might be the only time I can actually stick to it that long! :bigsmile:
  • misskimh
    misskimh Posts: 4
    Options
    I might try this. Sounds interesting. Either i will talk myself out of my jello sensation dessert or fall asleep from boredom. Either way i winnnnnn!
  • LazyMogg
    LazyMogg Posts: 162
    Options
    I just can't sit still for that long but I get the point.

I usually apply the "10 minute rule" when I get the munchies and most often than not it works - I'm not perfect though! :happy: