Grilling Out

Options
I was planning on cooking some food on the grill tomorrow for my family. I'm trying to decide on what to fix that is not only delicious, but also filling and low calorie. I was looking at cooking some type of meat/poultry along with some vegetables. Any suggestions or recommendations? Let me know, please - Thanks!!

Replies

• catwoodard
    catwoodard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Our family's favorite is grilled chicken, onion, and pepper fajitas. We just put a little olive oil and taco seasoning on all of it and throw it on the grill. We serve them with tortillas and salsa. Yummy.
  • spencer72
    spencer72 Posts: 18
    Options
    Eggplant on off the grill is delicious, so are yellow squash and (if you can do them without burning) asparagus!

As for grilled protein, I'm all about marinated flank steak.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, or lean steak, or fish. Just watch your portion sizes.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I have a grill basket and cut up red onions, zucchini, red peppers, cherry tomotoes, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil (T or less) and grill. When it's done I toss in 1/4 cup feta...so so so good!!
  • sapmart
    sapmart Posts: 16
    Options
    cedar plank tilapia topped with diced tomatos and onions, seasone with whatever you like. Asparagus put in tin foil with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. You can get the cedar planks at grocery store or sometimes hardware stores, they come made to cook on.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Boneless chicken breast brushed with non fat italian dressing is nice--or any fat free dressing of your choice. We stay away from the bottled marinades because of all the salt and junk in them. Olive oil and herbs of your choice is good too---cumin, chili powder, any combination. Enjoy!

We also like to do salmon portions on the grill. I spray the hamburger basket with cooking spray, season the salmon, put it in the basket and grill. It seldom falls apart.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Oscar Meyer's 98% fat free hotdogs are awesome!!(40 calories each)
    Grilled kebobs of sweet potato and potato chunks, vidalia onion cubes and grilled meat (steak, chicken, hamburger)
    Grilled chicken sandwiches
    Grilled cheese sandwiches with light bread (35 calories each) and fat free american cheese (25 calories each) for 95 calories total!
    Grilled shrimp and tilapia are good too.

For dessert, make grilled banana and peanut butter sandwiches
  • jajat4
    jajat4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Asparagas or any kind of squash....a little olive oil, garlic and black pepper. Very yummy and you can eat a lot of it :-)