Hello from QLD Australia...friends needed!

Options
Hi everyone,

I just joined up and have been trying to do this thing on my own for too long. It doesn't work for me on my own!

I would love to make some new friends on here to support each other on the journey to being FABULOUS :)

I've wasted a lot of my life dipping my toe in the water...but now it's time to jumjp in and swim for it....anyone coming with me??

Cheers,
Jen

Replies

• kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    It's always more fun with friends!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Heya... im from Sydney if you wanna add me! =]
  • ctucker52
    Options
    I am just trying this and I need friends to help me keep on track so I would love to be friend
  • kimberlyanneturner
    Options
    I will be your friend, I am from Sandy Oregon :) I love this site.. can't do it alone.
  • cheryldeloach
    Options
    More friends the better!
  • trecha
    trecha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hello you can friend me, also good to have friends for support
  • cabbie461
    cabbie461 Posts: 23
    Options
    Good on you. Us Canetoads have to stick together.
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi from australia as well.
    Good to have some aussies on the site :)
    Love to join you on the journey
    feel free to add me
  • Teriza
    Teriza Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, this has been my first week on this site, I like the idea of the message board and being able to add people for support!

My struggle is maintaining a consistent, daily calorie intake. Although I'm not overweight, my goal is to lose just 5kgs. I exercise quite regulary 4-5 times a week, sometimes twice a day. I also compete in mountain bike races on a monthly basis and just recently started triathlons and am loving the challenge!

However, I do notice I start these "diets" off with a bang at the start of the week then towards the end of the week my calories increase significantly. I was under my calorie intake for the first 3 days (1200), now it has started to creep up again. The first thing I crave is carbs and sugar! I steer clear of white flour and processed foods most of the time (on my good days!), but in saying that I do LOVE chocolate and ice-cream! So it's like a vicious cycle every week and I'm not getting anywhere! :( Does anyone else have the same problem? Maybe I'm putting my body in starvation mode a the start of the week? Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    WElcome!!! This site is awesome! And the support here is inspiring and constant.

Making friends along the way is an added bonus.

Sending my friend request.
  • CWRose
    CWRose Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm kinda lookin for some new friends myself, and some support and understanding would be wonderful. I've never really been online much so I don't really know how to just get in there and meet people. Hope ya wouldn't mind helping me. hahaha Congrats on the soon to be "new found you".
  • jeneren
    jeneren Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you for all being so welcoming!

What an awesome way to start :)
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm a queenslander, I'd love more friends : )
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!

Sydney gal here if you wanted to add me :drinker:
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    double post
  • salbal70
    salbal70 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi there... I'm on here most days if you want to add me!
  • jess_ellen
    jess_ellen Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Jen, I'm also from QLD Australia. I have just sent you a request.
  • naibabi
    naibabi Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all, I am from Mid North Coast NSW :) I have a lot of weight to lose and I want to be fit and healthy to be around for a long time to be with my 11 month old son :)
  • anthonyherro
    anthonyherro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best of luck Jen!