Any vegan/organic AGAINST PROCESSED food dieters on here?

Options
Looking to meet some vegan dieters on here that share the same concepts of food that I do.

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat, I'm just a vegetarian, ovo-lacto. But if anyone posts food that they like and are good on here...I'll have to check back often :)
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    your topic line might confuse people! it appears you are against dieters who eat processed foods! lol
  • KerrWal
    KerrWal Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi there-

I've been slowing working myself off processed foods and onto a paleo/primal diet. I have been reading Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson- its an eye opener for sure about processed foods- I'm not vegan/vegetarian but I'm moving to organic as much as I possibly can!
  • kendallan
    kendallan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the quorn brand of meat? I just love it.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I am not a vegetarian by any means but I have eliminated about 90% of all processed junk from my diet with fantastic results, my wife is a big advocate of organic eating and we have both felt the benefits of it.
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What if you like cooking vegan food, just not all the time? I usually do organic, home prepared food - I think it makes all the difference. I own Vegan with a Vengeance and Appetite for Reduction.
  • kendallan
    Options
    aww no, i am not against people who eat processed foods. i just like talking to other people who have the same diet i do that elimates processed foods. i didn't mean to confuse or appear to not like people who eat processed foods. its just hard to understand people when one person believes in eating processed foods and another does not.
  • kendallan
    Options
    I am not a vegetarian by any means but I have eliminated about 90% of all processed junk from my diet with fantastic results, my wife is a big advocate of organic eating and we have both felt the benefits of it.

so glad to hear that you and wife are doing so well! love the fact your wife is a big adovate of eating organic. i dont know if i tell a difference in myself now but i hope i do in the future when i dont have any chronic illness.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see what others say, I am a lacto-ovo-vegetarian and try my best to avoid processed foods as much as possible!
  • Pange33
    Pange33 Posts: 63
    Options
    Have you tried the quorn brand of meat? I just love it.

I wanted to try Quorn, but when I found it at the grocery store, I saw on the one package they had that they're not vegan. I went to their website to see if any of their products were, and they're not :( but they're suitable for ovo-lactos :)
  • kendallan
    Options
    wow never phased me that quorn was not vegan. :/ what other match meats are out there
  • Pange33
    Pange33 Posts: 63
    Options
    Yeah, you have to be careful with "fake" meat. Alot of them contain eggs and or milk. Most that I know of are also processed. I feel bad to burst your bubble :( But there are plenty of vegan-friendly brands. You just have to be careful in reading labels, some brands will easily mark their products w/ a "vegan" label of some sort. My favorite readily accessable (yes I kow they're processed!) brand is Boca (and not all products are vegan), but I love the vegan veggie burgers, and the "chicken" patties, they're good comfort food and you feel like you're eating something super bad, but it's not too many calories. It all depends on how unprocessed and natural you want to get. In my area (New Hampshire in the sticks), I don't have alot of options so that's why that's the best I know of. Now if I lived in California, it would be a whole different story (jealous and envious of california vegans).
  • zmhayworth
    Options
    Vegan here. :)

Just on here to maintain my weight and micro-manage my diet to make sure I'm covering all my bases nutritionally. When I'm lazy my vegan lifestyle just leads to a diet full of fat and carbs! MFP is a phenomenal tool for keeping track of diet and exercise.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    ME!!!

I sometimes eat processed foods, but I prefer not too. I'm gluten free as well, so it actually makes it much easier to stay away from that stuff. I do buy gluten free waffles and bread, sometimes Amy's Pizzas too. Maybe once or twice per week I eat that stuff. I love to cook, so I cook big batches and create my own "convenience foods".
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i occasionally eat meat, and even less occasionally packaged food.

i eat processed food, though i do process it myself... diary is open
  • joannajohnsonrn
    joannajohnsonrn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am vegan and I do not eat processed foods.
    i love eating whole foods and enjoy the taste of real food.
    I have been vegan for some time now, and find it really easy.
    It is not about eating salads all the time, but eating a variety of delicious foods.
    I try to eliminate as much wheat from my diet as well, and have for the most part given up bread and pasta.

i am always trying new recipes and would love to share them with you if you are interested.

I do not usually try to eat foods that are trying to be meat, because they are full of junk.
    However, Wholefoods sells a brand of grain burger or walnut burger that has a few simple whole ingredients.
    Tofu works the best, and large portabello mushrooms are delicious too.

Cheers to being vegan!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    aww no, i am not against people who eat processed foods. i just like talking to other people who have the same diet i do that elimates processed foods. i didn't mean to confuse or appear to not like people who eat processed foods. its just hard to understand people when one person believes in eating processed foods and another does not.

I actually want to get more processed foods out of my diet, I don't think a lot of what I eat is processed, I do eat sandwhich meat, I don't know a substitute for that. I am also going more towards organic foods, ESPECIALLY organic poultry. Can you list some foods that are processed that we might be eating and think is ok to eat. For example I have a bad sweet tooth, so instead of eating candy, cake etc, I eat a fiber one bar but I know it is processed, so I need to slowly take that out of my diet.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Looking to meet some vegan dieters on here that share the same concepts of food that I do.

you rang?
  • kendallan
    Options

I actually want to get more processed foods out of my diet, I don't think a lot of what I eat is processed, I do eat sandwhich meat, I don't know a substitute for that. I am also going more towards organic foods, ESPECIALLY organic poultry. Can you list some foods that are processed that we might be eating and think is ok to eat. For example I have a bad sweet tooth, so instead of eating candy, cake etc, I eat a fiber one bar but I know it is processed, so I need to slowly take that out of my diet.

I cant say what one processed food is better than another. All i can say is you have to pick and choose what you eat. My son I try to keep on a vegan and raw diet but he is a toddler so that is not always possible. I will buy him chips but they are organic! I also watch his quanitity of what processed foods he eats. Its really up to you and what your comfortable with. I am not ok with any processed foods . One bar i like is the larabar...you should try them. they are amazing and they are vegan..most of them. Sugar is really bad for your diet. I was going to buy my son pretzels and i saw there was surclose in so i passed on that. Sugar in pretzels? Good luck. Let me know if i can help more..sorry i wasnt much
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    I'm neither vegan or vegetarian, i have switched to all organic though, and eliminated processed foods from my diet. My diary is open to friends, so feel free to add me! :)