Waist-Hip Measurements

Options
I am 5'2, 114 lbs. How much should my waist- hip measurements be? When I measured them for the first time today they are 31in waist, and 34 in hips.

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    where did u measure your waist at? I read you should measure an inch above your belly button. I'm not sure what you should be at, but maybe you could find it online somewhere.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    everyone has different measurements. (: it's all on your body.
  • crazy1blonde
    Options
    I measured about a half inch below my belly button, So I guess I messed up on that lol
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    If you are 5'2", there is no way you have a 31 inch waist. It is probably more like 26 inches.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    your waist is where you bend!!! so if you bend to the side...where your body bends is where your waist is....most often its the part where it curves in on each side....then you should also measure two fingers under your belly button and then to measure your hips your measuring tape should be in the middle of your bum
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    most often its the part where it curves in on each side

Most people believe their waist is much lower than it actually is.....many think its where your belly button is or in that area but its higher!!
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I googled it and found a site that suggests for a 5'1 female the waist should be 24". Now that sounds ridiculously small to me but I'm no expert. I do know that for a healthy heart a women's waist should not measure more than 32".