Is this Facebook?

Options

Replies

• strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'd rather hear about your workout session than your farmville crops.

thank you!!
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    * raises hand and jumps up and down*
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I set MFP as my Home Page so it forces me to be in the habit of just always being aware of what I'm eating/doing with my life. Facebook is a waste of time for the most part whereas MFP is highly productive.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    What the heck is this facebook thing everyone keeps mentioning? Seriously, I don't have facebook. This is so much more productive and so much less like high-school, from what I've seen.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I am on this site MORE than I am on Facebook. The people here are amazingly supportive, I love it!

Likewise. I feel like I can really be myself here, unlike facebook where I am friends with current and former co-workers, former classmates, and other people that I am not comfortable really sharing what I am going through as I do with the friends I made here. So thanks, MFP :)
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    Agreed! Ever since I have gotten more into MFP, I am on this wayy more than facebook. Facebook has gotten boring compared to here, at least I can learn while I am on here, and not waste time with really any drama!

This is me exactly. I never thought the day would come when I check another site before FB. I find FB boring now. Sounds silly but I am more open on this site than I am on FB! Love it!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    facebook only POSITIVE and SUPPORTIVE....NO DRAMA! woo hoo! :drinker:

agree! :heart: MFP, :heart: u guys!
    I am on this site MORE than I am on Facebook. The people here are amazingly supportive, I love it!

Likewise. I feel like I can really be myself here, unlike facebook where I am friends with current and former co-workers, former classmates, and other people that I am not comfortable really sharing what I am going through as I do with the friends I made here. So thanks, MFP :)

AGREE
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I set MFP as my Home Page so it forces me to be in the habit of just always being aware of what I'm eating/doing with my life. Facebook is a waste of time for the most part whereas MFP is highly productive.

What a great idea :)
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot more time on here than FB. I love the support of the people on here. I've learned a lot with the message boards and all the different topics. I love this site!!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I daresay that MFP would do well to expand to the realm of a Facebook app. Lots of times, I find myself wishing that MFP had some of the same features that Facebook has, which is not realistic because MFP is not a multi-billion dollar entity recruiting the hottest programming and web development talent from around the world.

They've already got mobile apps, now they just need FB support! All the functionality would be integrated with the main site of course so you could still come here even if you weren't interested in FB.

I do have some friends that seem to utilize MFP not only as a weight loss tool, but also as their primary online social network. We all have something in common here, right off the bat.

Edit: Surprisingly, Facebook does nothing to give you credit for logging in every day. That is a subtle but HUGE feature of MFP.

sorry have to dis agree, i woudlnt want MFP to blow up so much, I like that everyone here is pretty close and comfortable to talk to each other about anything without being judged. plus FB does a lot of avertising and all that crap. so yeah maybe a few more features like viewing and organizing friends into lists, etc but not everything like FB.

agree that MFP is DA BOMB THO! lol
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    :heart: DEFINITELY AGREE!!!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    MFP is definitely better.
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I gave up Facebook for lent so i guess this is my new facebook...:)
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    I Love MFP!! But I hate when there is drama on my page like FB so I delete non-supporters or clicks!! I have a great group of friends on here ;)
  • whitneynina
    whitneynina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love this site more than FB
  • Mrsbonno
    Mrsbonno Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I <3 this site!!!!!!!!!!! facebook/MFP open ALL the time! ADDICTED
  • Ceria
    Ceria Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have not been on face book since I found this site...so I totally agree!
  • adholcomb
    adholcomb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!!
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    I don't have a FB page.... but I call MFP, my FB w/purpose :O). LOvE this site. Skipping drama and dealing with real life challenges.
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I like this site more than facebook. It is more positive and uplifting. That is why i have deactivated my fb page for while just so i can focus on me and getting healthy.