Workout at...work??

Options
Hi everyone,

Does it happen to you to exercise during work or shorts breaks at work, while in the office for example?
I work with a microscope that needs to be in a dark room, taking 5min or 10min movies, and I just realized that I can totally use these spare minutes (while the machine works for me) to do some exercise there! And, nobody would bother me...

How about you?

Replies

• tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    When I worked overnights I used to curl reams of paper, do push ups, and crunches. :)
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was trying to figure out what I can do without freaking out the people below our office (thin floors) so I decided that every half hour I was going to do 20 pushups. Ended up being 320 pushups for the day! Today I alternated 20 pushups and 20 crunches every half hour. Today my arms are killer sore. Going to take my stability ball into work on Monday
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    I go for long walks at lunchtime.
  • embym
    embym Posts: 65
    Options
    I work in a lab and I know I personally wouldn't want to get on the floor there, but I guess it depends on what your lab does. I'd recommend finding something you can step on (like a box or a stool) that will support your weight and do step aerobics. Then you get some cardio in without having to touch the chemicals or resistant bacteria that might be lurking on your lab floor.
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Sunny_Lexie Posts: 114
    Options
    My lab does both experiments and microscopy but in separate facilities. The microscopy room is quite clean, but I do not get on the floor! I'm not that crazy :noway: :huh:
    Today I made lateral ab crunches standing up, and some quad/gluteexercises, still standing up ^^

Any other suggestions for quick exercises? :flowerforyou:
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I work at a school that is set up in pods. I arrive at least 30 minutes early and walk around the center pod for 1 mile. I do this again while I am on lunch duty with the junior high kids. Supervise the halls and get a mile in during the lunch break. I do this nearly every day. Miss at noon sometimes when I am practicing with my quiz bowl teams.
    Kaye
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    I do a couple minutes of exercise while I'm waiting for the copy machine to finish, while I'm waiting for a fax to go through or while I'm heating up my lunch in the microwave. Lunges, side leg raises, toe raises and jumping jacks are my usuals.