NSV - Running

Options
brit1329
brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
I just had to share with someone that might understand how happy/excited/proud of myself I am. The last few days I've been feeling in a rut and not really wanting to workout. I've started feeling like I'm not ever going to make it to my goal because despite losing about 15 lbs. I am not seeing much difference. Tonight I was laying in the floor and pretty much felt like I wasn't going to workout again because I just didn't feel like it. Finally, I picked myself up and decided to go running. I've been doing several different videos at home the last several weeks and haven't run in awhile so I thought it would be good to just go clear my head a little and not have to follow someone else on the tv. Before today my fastest mile (in the past couple years) was a little over 13 minutes. Tonight I warmed up with a 5 minute fast walk, then ran 2 miles in a little under 22 minutes. It's not a great time, but I'm proud to have cut 2.5 minutes off my mile time and do it twice in row. It makes me feel like everything I've been doing so far is making improvements even if I can't see it yet.

Replies

• jessicaadair
    jessicaadair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's great! I just ran a 10 for the 1st time in yrs and did it within an hr! I was on cloud nine!! Good job and keep up the work!! Running really does clear your mind!
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful feeling!!! Congrats! :D
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    woohoo! Great Progress! Feels so good, doesn't it? :)
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It does feel great. I'm really glad I went tonight, because now I feel more energized and renewed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!