Favorite Weigh In Day??

Options
So what do you think is the best day to weigh yourself?
Is it Friday before the big weekend so you can maybe have a treat and burn it off before the next weigh in?
Or is it Monday after the weekend, so you keep yourself more accountable for the weigh in?
I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Replies

• bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I weight in on Friday mornings....so yes I can have a little "wiggle room" on the weekends!!! I supposed that's not necessarily the best thinking but I think a person needs to let loose a little bit now and then so it's easier to stay on track!

On that note...fingers crossed for tomrorow!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I did the Monday weigh-in at first but changed it to the Fridays. I love Fridays cause I always see a loss on the scale and I get all happy and motivated to continue even through the weekend. And if I would gain, I would have all week to lose it, but I haven't gained yet, I am pretty determined this time! :) Good luck, and regardless of the day, a loss is a loss!:smile:
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    I weigh in Friday mornings as well. I work so hard all week at keeping under my calorie goal and exercising every day so when it comes to Saturday and Sunday I still try stay under my goal but if I need to rest a day I pick either Saturday or Sunday to take it easy.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I initially thought Monday would be best, but ended up switching to Friday
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow morning all you Friday people!!!
  • hockey28mom
    Options
    I weigh in on Thursdays. I don't want to be discouraged early in the week. I have found that if I weigh in late in the week and it's good then it carries some motivation into the weekend.
  • Shellndub
    Shellndub Posts: 72
    Options
    I have a digital scale and weigh every morning after I use the bathroom :-)
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    i weigh in on a saturday...used to be a monday but was always discouraging after the weekend. usually i am fine fri nights for sats weigh in...usually get tempted on a sat night....
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale also and I weigh myself on Wednesday and Sunday. Sunday is the "real" weigh in day, but I weigh on Wednesday also just to see where I'm at and because I can't wait a full week... lol. I always weigh in the morning as soon as I wake up, before doing anything else.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Friday morning is my time to weigh in. Sometimes it is hard to eat right on the weekend, so I have time all week to burn everything off, and then some. Good luck to you.
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just switched to WEDNESDAY
  • luvslibby
    luvslibby Posts: 24
    Options
    I love Thursdays as it helps give me some wiggle room if I don't do so well over the weekend. I started with Thursdays only because the Weight Watchers meetings I used to go to were on that day. If I couldn't do Thursdays I would do Fridays. I'm afraid I would really frustrate myself if I had weigh-in day on Mondays, but that is just me :)
  • MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    Options
    It was a Tuesday the first time I weighed in for MFP, so I just kept logging it on Tuesdays, heh. I spot-check a couple of times each week, but only log once so I can get a better picture of my long term progress.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I generally weigh every couple of days. I record once a week on Thursday or Friday. I try not to look at the scale over the weekend becasue if I need to cheat, it is always on the weekend and I don't want to get discouraged
  • purplefreak60
    purplefreak60 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I initially logged my weight on MFP on Fridays, then felt I needed the motivation to be good on the weekends so I switched my logging to Mondays. Now I'm considering changing it back to Fridays. Regardless...I weigh myself everyday and write it on my calendar anyway.
  • LivingFree
    Options
    I've tried them all but Wednesday is the best. Keeps me motivated.
  • CharlestonUSC
    Options
    MONDAY MORNING 6am

I weight myself after I wake up in the morning and use the restroom. I am strict on the Monday weigh in b/c it motivates me and keeps me in check throughout the weekend. I know that the scale is not going to lie to me so I'm very serious about sticking to my schedule and not veering off course on the weekends.
  • jwill10
    jwill10 Posts: 30
    Options
    I like to weigh in on Sunday mornings that way I prepare my self to start the week. I can assess how much damage was done on Saturday ( damn cocktails) and put myself back in the right frame of mind.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    looks like Friday's is the most popular day for weigh-in, followed by Monday!
  • BeCool
    BeCool Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh in on Saturday mornings...after my shower and before I eat anything. Saturday I use as a "free day" and eat whatever I want and how much I want....I tell myself long about Wed. when I am tempted to cheat that Saturday is just ahead and I can wait till free day to have those chips or a candy bar. So far this method has worked for me...I started MFP the week before Thanksgiving and to this date have lost 33 pounds. Bill Philips (Founder of Body for Life) recommends a free day once a week and I thought it sounded like a great idea....hope it helps you too. :wink: