Sacrifices

Options
elyse0210
elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
I just had a questions for anyone who cares to answer it. What is the one food(s) you gave up in order to achieve weight loss?

Replies

• maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Mountain dew!!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Wine
    Ice cream
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Nutty Bars. I'm the only one in the house that usually eats those, and at 310 calories a pack, I don't need a whole box of them sitting around. They just aren't worth that much to me.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've never deprived myself of anything! Just focusing on will power, portions, moderation, and self control :drinker:
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all fast food. Everything else I can do in moderation. I went to Taco Bell the other day and got the fresco bean burrito which they advertise as being more healthy. Looked up the info when I got home. Not so much. I used to LOVE my McDonald's. I will every now and again have a mocha when the calories allow, or a fruit and yogurt parfait, but my veggie macs and fries are over. No room for that in the calorie count at all!
  • chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything...maybe that's my problem lol
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    soda... and i dont regret it at all... :)
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Pepsi and fast food.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I allow anything and everything if I have the calories for it. If I don't have the calories for it then I ask myself if I am willing to exercise to gain the calories for it.

I plan for evenings out by eating lighter that day so I have more calories to work with.

This is the FIRST time in my life I have ever done it this way and I am down 36 lbs pretty effortlessly and do not ever feel I am on a diet.
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    McDonald's Sweet Tea... *sigh*
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Processed and Restaurant foods! I have been making pretty much everything from scratch and try to select carefully when out to eat. If I think I order something in a restaurant that is way too big I take half of it home. I am moving towards a clean eating diet and am enjoying how quickly cutting out processed foods is helping!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I allow anything and everything if I have the calories for it. If I don't have the calories for it then I ask myself if I am willing to exercise to gain the calories for it.

I plan for evenings out by eating lighter that day so I have more calories to work with.

This is the FIRST time in my life I have ever done it this way and I am down 36 lbs pretty effortlessly and do not ever feel I am on a diet.

Same here.. I don't deprive myself of anything, including wine, cookies, etc...
    Just ask myself how much I want it, knowing it's going to cost me extra time at the gym.. it absolutely makes me think twice about the choices I'm making.
  • workingonme21
    workingonme21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda.

My weekness is sugar but I didn't give it up completely. I do watch how much I have and use substitutes whenever possible.

However, empty calorie drinks like soda have been completely replaced with water or water with Crystal Light or something similar. If I have tea or coffee, I use splenda instead of real surgar.
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great feedback everyone. Keep it up!
  • alysen2012
    Options
    Well with me being lactose intorlant i had to give all my milk chocolates and anything that was dairy. But to get my goal i have gave most of my fast foods, soda, and anything that isnt whole grains.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    nothing ... just salt, and that was only to help my high blood pressure as part of getting healthy.
  • johnny51981
    Options
    Chinese Food mostly and I miss it. I'll have a Chinese Frozen Meal so I can have the nutritional info for it...but its just not the same. But other than that, I haven't really given up anything, just cut it back down to the serving sizes that they should be at versus what I used to eat OR if I have some extra calories to eat for the day, I'll have a little extra.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Coca-Cola
    I still really love it (I think...hard to say since it's been so long since I've had one!), but I just can't rationalize drinking 37 grams of sugar a pop! I feel like most other foods and drinks I can fit into my diet if I really want them and work out hard enough and eat light the rest of the day...but I don't feel like there's ever really room for almost 40 grams of sugar in something you drink!!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

Same here.. I don't deprive myself of anything, including wine, cookies, etc...
    Just ask myself how much I want it, knowing it's going to cost me extra time at the gym.. it absolutely makes me think twice about the choices I'm making.
    This. Because this is my life, not a short term fix.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Odd as it sounds DIET COKE.

It revs up my appetite and if I have a diet soda practically impossible to stay under my calories