Most embarrassing "accidental" text (off topic)

Options
Angela4Health
Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
This is way off topic here, but I thought it would be funny to see what your most embarrassing accidental text to someone was. Mine happened today. I meant to text my man but instead I texted my dad. Here's what the text said "my booty is really burning today!" I sent that because I've been doing step aerobics and today I was really feeling it.. LOL..
It was hilarious to me, which leads me to this thread. Let's hear your most embarrassing accidental texts.

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    This reminds me of the website called "Damn You Autocorrect!" ( http://damnyouautocorrect.com/ )

... it's hilarious! :laugh:
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to read the responses to this one....great topic!

(I'm trying to think of mine!)
  • Larry7995
    Larry7995 Posts: 55
    Options
    Whats worse is the evil auto correct, I have turned mine off since being embarrassed but here are a bunch of them

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/
  • Krimicri
    Krimicri Posts: 38
    Options
    I love damnyouautocorrect.com btw, but I have one of my own..

One day I felt like I was starting to come down with a cold and texted to my boyfriend, whom I've been living with for the last 7 years, "I'm getting sick" only to look down and see that I accidentally typed "I'm getting d*ck" and sent it before I checked it to make sure it was what I wanted to say. Needless to say, I had some 'splaining to do. LMAO!
  • Krimicri
    Krimicri Posts: 38
    Options
    Er.. I sent I'm getting D ick, instead of sick.. not so funny when it's all asterisks.
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    Easy one.

Was at a conference with some of my co-workers, and sent my wife a text to let her know how much I missed her, and what I missed.

I got a response saying..........."ummmmm, I think this may have been for your wife."

The response confused me, so I scrolled up only to see that I sent it to one of my female co-workers! God that was embarrassing!
  • OmelissaO
    OmelissaO Posts: 42
    Options
    LMAO!!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I was texting my DH, it was Christmas season at my previous job and things were hectic and I was working longer hours.
    My boss sent out a mass text about a mandatory morning meeting the day before Christmas Eve. I texted my Dh how pissed I was that we had yet another effing meeting and how much I hated my job.

I didn't hear anything back until about 5 min later my boss text me back......

Oops. I felt like a loser but luckily he's a good natured guy and we laughed about it after I apologized.

I worked there for another 2 years and a half until I finally was able to quit :blushing:

I LOVE that website, along with the other links, Parentsshouldnttext.com
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My friend was texting me and complaining about her lack of intimacy lately with her husband. She then tried to write something about having to resort to "self sex" but ended up calling it "elf sex."
  • Angela4Health
    Options
    OMG elf sex? LOL
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My best friends brother is gay. I was texting my son commenting on one of the more "colorful" contestants on American idol (bushy red headed guy) that was very flamboyant. My son said he was very gay. I texted back that he was pretty much a "flamer" and sent it to her by mistake. She was a little PO'd but forgave me just the same.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My friend was texting me and complaining about her lack of intimacy lately with her husband. She then tried to write something about having to resort to "self sex" but ended up calling it "elf sex."
    Hmm a midget fetish...oddly interesting...lol
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The first text I ever sent was one that had auto finish....and a friend said she was on her way over and I texted back "Ugh!" not at all what I was trying to type!!!
    Then I was texting my sister about this guy I was dating. She wanted to know if we wanted to go on vacation with them. I said he probably wouldn't want to go because of vacation time, yada yada yada then realized I sent that text to HIM.
    Luckily I didn't say anything else because I was talking to my sister about the sleeping arrangements on vacation lol
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Funniest personal Auto-Correct moment (txt from me to my Husband)
    "Give me a heads up when I should be culling the cyanides ;) seriously, let me know so I can prepare dins"!!!
    Should've read "Let me know when I should be cooling the champers ;) seriously, let me know so I can prepare dins"

My husband was not pleased with me, and 40$ in shrimp scampi did not get eaten!

He still looks at me sideways some days.
  • Angela4Health
    Options
    Now I'm craving shrimp scampi! haha
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My husband once got a photo message of someone's... erm... happy place. It was a wrong number. I'm sure that girl was pretty embarrassed.

I once got a long string of texts from someone basically telling me that she didn't care if I was so-and-so's baby mama, he loves HER and he had no use for a person of such ill repute as I. Only with a lot more colorful language. It was 10 texts in before I finally texted her back and told her that I had no idea who she was talking about. She might have been embarrassed.

As for myself, I'm pretty careful about my texting, because I'm paranoid about that kind of thing. :tongue:
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    These are all hilarious! I was once at a gathering with my little group of close friends, well me and my best friend out of the group were having a side "text in the same room stuff you can't say out loud, convo." My guy friend was showing off his tattoo, that I thought was really ugly, and I texted her my opinion, then I realized too late that I selected his name by mistake. I freaked out for a sec, but luckily he left his phone on the counter where I was sitting, so I quickly deleted it before he could read it.

On a completely separate occasion, my friend texted me to ask if I was coming to the class we had together and I sent back "I'm Boning." she sends back "TMI" we still crack up about it.

Needless to say I am much more careful about my texting.
  • workingonme21
    workingonme21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok that was priceless. I was LOL when I read that one.:bigsmile:
  • Daveners
    Daveners Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I texted my daughter and asked her if we were going to sex again tonight......it should have said "Are we going to sew again tonight?" She replied with a big WHAT???? We were making a baby quilt for my other daughter.....
  • chrish1981
    chrish1981 Posts: 156
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is when you spell something and the auto-correct fixes it before you realize it and you send anyway.

Then you fix it again and it's still wrong.

Then again, and it's still wrong.

And you're like "DAMMIT!" And by that time, you've sent 6 texts to say one thing!!