Eating good but having a hard time exercising...

Options
I have lost 25lbs (woo hoo) but soley to just eating right - for the first time EVER. I have exercised here and there BUT am not consistant with it. I am having a really hard time motivating myself. HELP! Suggestions ( be nice) and some inspiration please!

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I flat out hate working out, but I do it 6 days a week. How?
    Well, realize that you're important. We schedule dr. appts, meetings, dates and what not.
    Schedule working out for yourself because it's just as important as those, if not more. :)

Good luck!

No cancellations allowed. ;)
  • gingermim
    gingermim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I too am losing 19lbs so far by eating a much better diet...and I am enjoying it which is the biggest surprise ever for me. I also need some real motivation to get my body moving...I have a good day and that is followed by a few bad days...if you find the motivation button please let me know because I need to find it also.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    I have lost 25lbs (woo hoo) but soley to just eating right - for the first time EVER. I have exercised here and there BUT am not consistant with it. I am having a really hard time motivating myself. HELP! Suggestions ( be nice) and some inspiration please!

I was the same way!Find classes u like to do....I found Yoga, Zumba, and Pole Dancing....They are all very motivating and love going!
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    do things that aren't typical exercises... i.e. dancing, skating, power walking while shopping.... find something fun to do that gets you moving and work with it. Not everyone can hit the gym and do the machines daily...so find an exercise that isn't exercise to you but more of fun while moving. I love power walking while shopping... I haven't taken a Zumba class but I have heard awesome things about it and its like a dance class from what I can tell.

Remember, exercise is not only to help with your weight loss but also to help your health. The heart is a muscle that needs to be worked out...so go work it...
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i got rid of my car. that helps a lot.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    my motivation for exercising every day is being able to eat those extra calories!! I struggle to keep to 1200 calories a day, particularly since I have the biggest sweet tooth imaginable. Being able to indulge myself on something sweet after dinner and not go over my nutritional limits is the biggest reason I exercise. Forcing myself to do it daily and for a minimum amount of time has also gotten me to the point that I love it and couldn't imagine not doing it.
  • ryansmom09
    ryansmom09 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Being motivated to exercise is hard. Do you have a friend that is willing to go with you? My friend and I go to the gym every morning (just started this week) and it seems to keep me motivated. We hold eachother accountable. I know we've just started, but every little step counts. Good Luck.
  • julesbskinny
    julesbskinny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    laughing @ kayemme - getting rid of the car. Funny! These are some great ideas everyone! Thank you! Just got a text from my friend asking if i wanted to walk in the morning. My reply..."i guess so" Just thinking about it sucks! But I am going.

Once I'm doing it - I'm ok - it's just getting me there. trying to change my mind set. Thanks again everyone!!!!!
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options

:laugh: love it.

Walking is awesome for you. Just make sure you are choosing the more active approach during the day and it will pay off.

I like this quote, it always gets me to work out : "You will never regret going for a work out, but you will regret not going."
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss so far! I'm with you - I have a much easier time eating healthy than exercising. Here are some things that have kind of worked for me. I say kind of because I'm still not exercising as much as I should but these things do help...

*Find a friend to exercise with - hold eachother accountable.

*Do something easy. For me, walking is the easiest form of exercise so I try to do that as much as I can.

*Set low goals to start out so you can meet them and build some confidence. Start as low as 60 minutes per week just so you're doing *something*

*Have a "minimum" that you can fall back on when you're just not in the mood to exercise. Like, for example, a 10 minute walk. On your bad days, just go through the motions and put in the time. Sometimes, your 10 minutes will turn into 20 or 30. Sometimes not, but at least you've done your minimum.

I hope others post some ideas :) Best of luck to you!
  • julesbskinny
    Options

:laugh: love it.

Walking is awesome for you. Just make sure you are choosing the more active approach during the day and it will pay off.

I like this quote, it always gets me to work out : "You will never regret going for a work out, but you will regret not going."

That's true - thanks a bunch!
  • mcs1987
    mcs1987 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am in the same boat with finding motivation to work out. I am new to myfitness but I have found it extremely helpful so far. I told myself that I was going to do some crunches before I went to work this morning. I only did about 70 crunches but I felt that it gave me a little more energy than I would have normally had. I dont really have to time to go to the gym so it is really hard for me to get in any exercise so even if I just do little bits here and there it will help.
  • julesbskinny
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss so far! I'm with you - I have a much easier time eating healthy than exercising. Here are some things that have kind of worked for me. I say kind of because I'm still not exercising as much as I should but these things do help...

*Find a friend to exercise with - hold eachother accountable.

*Do something easy. For me, walking is the easiest form of exercise so I try to do that as much as I can.

*Set low goals to start out so you can meet them and build some confidence. Start as low as 60 minutes per week just so you're doing *something*

*Have a "minimum" that you can fall back on when you're just not in the mood to exercise. Like, for example, a 10 minute walk. On your bad days, just go through the motions and put in the time. Sometimes, your 10 minutes will turn into 20 or 30. Sometimes not, but at least you've done your minimum.

I hope others post some ideas :) Best of luck to you!

Great idea - i'm actually feeling slightly inspired -thanks so much. Love love your last idea. This makes it seem doable! Thanks! Keep up the great work yourself. Wishing us both plenty of energy vibes!
  • Alemazon
    Alemazon Posts: 7
    Options
    So true! I love the way you put it! Keep up the good work!
  • julesbskinny
    Options
    thank you all!
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I only did about 70 crunches

ONLY 70? Duuuuude. :drinker:
  • julesbskinny
    Options
    well whatever you all said last night worked - walked a little over 2 miles today!!! Thanks for all the motivation! Hoping to do some more tomorrow.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    read my home page quote , thats what my doctor said to me and I put it on a card in my rear view mirror to remind myself everyday
  • ameaston22
    Options
    my motivation for exercising every day is being able to eat those extra calories!! I struggle to keep to 1200 calories a day, particularly since I have the biggest sweet tooth imaginable. Being able to indulge myself on something sweet after dinner and not go over my nutritional limits is the biggest reason I exercise. Forcing myself to do it daily and for a minimum amount of time has also gotten me to the point that I love it and couldn't imagine not doing it.

Ha! This is my motivation too! I cannot go a single day without SOMETHING sweet - even if it's just a small piece of candy. I have to allow myself these things or I just would fail, plain and simple!
    With that being said....find something you love doing that doesn't feel like work. For me, that is getting on my bike and going for super long rides. I started bicycling when I moved to a small down and found a bike trail that is about 12 miles round trip. I will go back and forth on that trail twice at least three times a week. I put on my headphones and just go - it's so liberating and I feel amazing. In the winter, I ride my stationary and just look at it as keeping in shape so I can hop right back on my bike in the summer. Walking is amazing exercise too. Instead of driving to the store or to run errands, WALK. I do this regularly. This Monday, I walked all around town running small errands and burned almost 600 calories.
  • grneyety
    grneyety Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I am not a huge fan on exercising and am great at coming up with excuses but I always try to remember that as much as I hate exercising, I love how it makes me feel after. Physically I feel more alive and it puts me in a better mood. Even so I have to remind myself of that every day. (And I don't exercise every day. I give myself 2 days a week off)