Challenge: 2 Marathons by May! Any takers?

Options
Hey guys!

Doing forum challenges is really helpful in motivating me, so I thought I'd give myself a little extra challenge, and would love it if any of you wanted to join me!

Ever wanted to run a marathon? Me neither! :P Running for multiple hours has never struck me as something that might be a good time. That being said, the MFP forums have recently made me aware of races like the Warrior Dash, the Spartan Race, and the Tough Mudder. I'm doing the Kansas City Warrior Dash this summer and would love to do the Tough Mudder someday, but frankly, I just don't know if I'll ever be that tough! But there's no way to know for sure until you try!

So... I'd like to be a better runner and the warmer weather has been motivating me to hit the trails. And to keep that motivation lasting.....

Here's the challenge: Today is March 10th, which leaves 51 days until May.
In that time, I am challenging myself to run the equivalent of 2 marathons. That's 52 miles in 51 days.

If any of you would like to do this with me I would love the support! We could track our progress and help motivate each other!

Replies

• Malinsfeet
    Malinsfeet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your on! I'll take your challenge. I just did my first half marathon in Nov and Im still running. This challenge will help me stay motivated and help me with my final weight loss for my wedding in May. I probablly wont run everyday but I'll certainly do 52 miles in 51 days.
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    Awesome! And congrats on the half-marathon!

Yeah, I don't think I'll be running everyday either, just trying to keep myself dedicated enough to run the whole total before May.
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    I did 3 miles today on the track in 30:25. I'm doing a 3-mile fun run on St. Patty's Day, and my goal is to get under 30 min. I do that run every year and that would definitely be a record for me. We'll have to see though, because there's a killer hill toward the end, so it's gonna be a lot harder than running on a flat track. If I don't make it in under 30 I'll just be happy that it's the first year that I will be able to do the whole thing without walking!