WATER???

Options
2»

Replies

• EmmaMaingay
    EmmaMaingay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong because I have a shocking memory!
    But I think cold water helps speed up your metabolism, but if you drink cold water after eating it does something to the food in your stomach, like kinda clogs it up and makes it harder to digest. So room temp when and after eating.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    i actually read a blog on this earlier on webMD which said that ice cold water can help burn fat but room temp water is easier to drink quickly. with cold water, you have to drink it slowly or get that "swimming" feeling so it is harder to get in your 8+cups a day. with the room temp water, you can drink a big glass and feel full but not bloated.

Cold water burns only a fraction of a calorie, so it really makes no difference. In a day of drinking 8 glasses of ice cold water you might burn 1 calorie, if that.

It would be more than that. Each degree C you warm up one litre of water would require one Calorie. So a litre of ice water would require around 37 Calories to be brought up to body temperature.
  • LizzyH2009
    Options
    interesting discussion!

I remembered that I went to Germany for study aboard and lived there for a month. all restuarants dont even bother give us ice cubes. i remembered that i have to drink sodas at warm temperture on warm days. even one time i was very lucky that lady decided to give me at least ONE ice cube in my doa and it melted quickly. At beginning, i had hard time to deal with drinking warm liquids and i has no choice but get adapted to their way of drinks. i started realized that warm drinks just help us to digest easily and dont give us brain freeze even cause teeth aches if we drink too cold. However, its true that we do liek to drink ice cold water in america, but its not good for our stomaches as what germans told me. .

i remembered that I do get lot of acid reflux from have warm foods and drink ice cold drink right after meal. i ended up get acid reflux and felt nausea. I just sticking to room temperature or cooling water with little ice cubes. thank to my trip to europe, I started requested little ice or none ice in my drinks at restuarants. in america.

is it odd eh?
  • puddyone
    puddyone Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm not sure about the cold v room temp water thing, but I have been told that the quantity of water we should drink can be worked out according to your body weight. We're always told 8 cups a day, but we are all different weights and therefore have different water intake requirements. Multiply weight x 25ml = litres of water per day.

Not sure how to work that out in the imperial measurements, sorry.