Stretch marks...

Options
Ok so I have nearly lost all of my baby weight and my confidence has bounced back. HOWEVER....

I have some unsightly stretch marks that wont budge. To be honest, they don't bother me as much as I thought they would as I thought I would hate the sight of them but who wouldn't want them to disappear or at least fade significantly??

I have been using bio oil for like a year and it's quite expensive so I am wondering what everyone else has used successfully to help them fade/disappear? Has anyone just had them fade naturally without using anything?

I have my beautiful daughter because of them so I don't think I will ever absolutely despise them but like I said, if they even just fade a little that would be great.

Replies

• denannedw
    denannedw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You could try palmers coco butter cream, I use this and its brilliant and smells really good. Also a lot cheaper than bio oil.
    Well done on the weight loss
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    aw, unfortunatley they are not going anywhere, they fade a little in time, but the skin is broken, there's no way to repair it - they are your war wounds, that sign that you've given birth, love them, there's not much else you can do with them .. I had a tummy tuck and I've still got then on my tummy !!!!!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Mine are 21yrs old. They are very light, but the skin is still damaged. I heard that sun exposure helps to lighten. I did that when they were fresh(er) *with sunscreen*. It seemed to help....and made me feel a little better because I had a little bit of color. Good luck.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, they are there forever. No product can get rid of them. I have some, and I haven't got kids!
    I've been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter for some time now, I've not seen a difference but I like the smell lol
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Awww well done on ur loss chick!!!

You have a beautiful child to remind you y u r there!!! :)

I just have them coz I put so much weight on so quickly :(

Keep ur head up x:) xxxx
  • LindieAndie
    Options
    13 months PP here and mine have almost faded to nothing. You can still feel them but they're very pale, almost gone. I spent a lot of time outside gardening in a bikini top so that probably helps.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Yes I also use Palmers and love the smell! I use Bio Oil in the morning and Palmers at night.

So it sounds like I just need an excuse to go on holiday so that the sun can get to them...

I am hoping that they do fade with time but I think I have come to terms with them in case they don't.
  • CharlestonUSC
    Options
    Ok so I have nearly lost all of my baby weight and my confidence has bounced back. HOWEVER....

I have some unsightly stretch marks that wont budge. To be honest, they don't bother me as much as I thought they would as I thought I would hate the sight of them but who wouldn't want them to disappear or at least fade significantly??

I have been using bio oil for like a year and it's quite expensive so I am wondering what everyone else has used successfully to help them fade/disappear? Has anyone just had them fade naturally without using anything?

I have my beautiful daughter because of them so I don't think I will ever absolutely despise them but like I said, if they even just fade a little that would be great.

I know the tanner my wife gets the less I see them. Not sure if you tan easily or are interested in tanning beds but it helps my wife. Just offering my two cents.
  • curleesam
    Options

I know the tanner my wife gets the less I see them. Not sure if you tan easily or are interested in tanning beds but it helps my wife. Just offering my two cents.

Thanks! Not up for tanning beds but I tan fairly easily so I think I will just take myself off somewhere sunny! :smile:
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    The creams and oils only work to prevent due to the extra moisture your putting into the skin. Once there there you cant do anything unfortunatly.
  • emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    Hey Sam,

I know you've said that Bio Oil isn't cheap, so I'm completely barking up the wrong tree here, but (god I do waffle), when I was pregnant I used a Clarins oil that stopped getting them - yes I know that doesnt help now, but... I wonder if they do an oil for after pregnancy - Im convinced there was one. You could ask for one of those samples & if it works, hey presto, if not, you havent spent anything.

Much hugs

Em
    x
  • curleesam
    Options
    Hey Sam,

I know you've said that Bio Oil isn't cheap, so I'm completely barking up the wrong tree here, but (god I do waffle), when I was pregnant I used a Clarins oil that stopped getting them - yes I know that doesnt help now, but... I wonder if they do an oil for after pregnancy - Im convinced there was one. You could ask for one of those samples & if it works, hey presto, if not, you havent spent anything.

Much hugs

Em
    x

Good shout, I will give it a try. Although hubby has just reminded me that Costco do Bio-Oil 2 for £20! In Boots its £20 for one! This is why I love Costco! Although to be fair if it doesnt work anyway whats the point?! ARGH!

x
  • paigebeverly
    paigebeverly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am also a queen of strech marks. Had a 10 pound baby in the belly...lol. I have learned that the only thing that lightens mine was being tan. Buttttt on another note I am not much on tanning. At least my marks are just on my belly and there is no where in my future I wanna show my belly. Even when I was skinny I wasn't much on doing that.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I got stretch marks when my "chest" came in quite fast when I was younger. I will swear by putting Noxema on them; it totally lightened mine up, and now I don't even notice them. Just the regular kind, nothing fancy, it comes in a little jar/tub thing. As a matter of fact, I forgot to buy a jar today for the rest of the ones I have that I hate. Good reminder, lol!