*Sigh* Nearly in tears!

Options
http://usagainstthebulge.blogspot.com/2011/03/have-i-become-complacent.html

I really dislike myself atm... I feel like *kitten* and am ready to give up stay fat, boarder obese and stay there!

Replies

• DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    You don't want to do that just stay strong and remember you take the good with the bad. Im here if you need to talk!!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Losing weight is a tough road, that is true. But giving up just makes the road tougher. I cannot tell you how much better I feel physically and emotionally from losing my weight. I want the same thing for you too! Just take it one meal at a time, one day at a time. Not sure exactly what is going on to create such deep emotion in you, but I encourage you to keep plugging along. I am hopeful you have a supportive husband through this process. Good luck to you!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Just read your blog.................

you need to remember a few things here...... you are making steps towards you goal ALL THE TIME............... look at the tickers !!!!!

What you are doing is WORKING !!!!! yea its going to take some time for you to be happy.............Men get that too ....... and there is nothing like the feeling of liking yourself

its going to take time.

The most important thing I can give to you is this..............

Positive things happen to positive people.......... I will not go in to loads of detail...... but it really does work......
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's a phase. Go for a walk. Accept virtual hugs from those of us who share your struggle. You CAN do it, and you will. Hang in there!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You are worth it. Love yourself, and accept yourself for who you are. You don't have to accept the weight; you can do something about that. It took time to get here, and it's going to take time to change it, but you CAN! Keep your chin up, dear. Friend me if you like.
  • nuklep
    nuklep Posts: 9
    Options
    I noticed you mentioned 'should get a job'. Do that. more time your are busy doing something, less time mind has to imagine food. Happens to me all the time. Think of this as a gift for Rob. Set a goal to give him a skinny you by his birthday perhaps??
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are in a real funk right now, might even be worth talkign to your doctor about it.Till then though i I think you need to look at the positives in life right now. You have a man that you know loves you. You have friends one of which is actually showing enough concern about you to speak up to you about it. These are good things that you need to focus on. Short term giving up and thinking to yourself you'll stay overweight and be happy makes you feel okay, but really it's very short term possibly a day or 2? Longer term you know that you'll still be miserable, probably even worse than you do now.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    I thought I'd give you this.. might help you. Another MFP member posted this once and it really stuck with me....

Fall seven times, stand up eight. - Japanese proverb

Hope it helps you too!! Hang in there... because you are worth it!!! Cheers.
  • NotScaredToTry
    Options
    Thank guys!

I think my tape measure lies... I think part of my problem is that the tape measure tells me I have lost amazing cm's but my clothes feel tighter... Its a losing battle... My other problem is my PCOS and gaining weight every 2-3 weeks because of my AF! Officially I have lost 5.6kg BUT technically 12.6kg... Its so tiring!
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I am having difficulty myself. We must continue on.....baby steps. Think of one thing that you have changed in the last month. For me it is increasing my exercising. I may suck on my food diary but I am being consistent in exercising. Just concentrate on what you are doing that is positive. We can't change a lifetime of habits quickly.
  • nuklep
    nuklep Posts: 9
    Options
    I thought I'd give you this.. might help you. Another MFP member posted this once and it really stuck with me....

That won't work if you fall 9 times or more. So I go with what my math prof once said:
    Fall X times, stand up X+1 - Works all the time.
    Thank guys!

I think my tape measure lies... I think part of my problem is that the tape measure tells me I have lost amazing cm's but my clothes feel tighter... Its a losing battle... My other problem is my PCOS and gaining weight every 2-3 weeks because of my AF! Officially I have lost 5.6kg BUT technically 12.6kg... Its so tiring!

To get motivated sometimes I try to recall the food Gorging sessions I had in the past. That disgusts me. and I sometimes leave for a run. Actually I'm gonna do the treadmill for 10mins right now because this just reminded me.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

That won't work if you fall 9 times or more. So I go with what my math prof once said:
    Fall X times, stand up X+1 - Works all the time.
    Thank guys!

To get motivated sometimes I try to recall the food Gorging sessions I had in the past. That disgusts me. and I sometimes leave for a run. Actually I'm gonna do the treadmill for 10mins right now because this just reminded me.

you cant argue with the maths !
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm with all the others here that will tell you not to give up! You are so young and have SO much to live for, and can do it in a very healthy and active way! How wonderful that you have your loving man by your side... but I think you need to do this for you. Sounds like you need to take a long look in the mirror and try dolling yourself up every day. I know it's not easy and sometimes it's not fun, but today, make the choice to brush the hair... shave the legs... put on mascara. One or two little things to make you feel better. Tomorrow, do the same and maybe add one more thing. I have times when I don't even want to get out of my jammies, but I do and it's so much better once I'm dressed, with a little makeup on. Then I feel like going for a walk, or cooking something special for dinner... it's all a snowball effect for me!

Good luck, girl... I know you can do it!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Try not to despair! I know there are days that are hard, some even harder, when you want to give up, b/c nothing you do seems to be working. But in reality, it IS working. Just more slowly than we'd all like sometimes. Add the PCOS to it, and that makes EVERYTHING seem even worse. I know, I suffered through 5 yrs of infertility, and EVERY conceivable treatment available, incl. many surgeries, and 5 IVFs just to have my 1st son. And those years were the hardest ever. Not only was I 40 lbs heavier than I am now, in large part from all the hormones I was taking, but everyone around me was dropping babies like crazy, and I couldn't even get pg!

I feel for you, I do. I've been there, I've shed so many tears about being fat, not being able to have children, and why this should be like this for me, and not for others. All I can say is that I'm sending you many many virtual (((hugs)))), and the BEST thing you can do is to take care of your body and your health. It won't be easy, but it WILL get better. Soon you will see the "you" that you want to see when you look in the mirror. You'll feel better, you'll be healthier, and your PCOS will improve. Don't give up! Do this for you, your husband, and your family that you want to have!
  • peachletcream
    Options
    little steps babe... you'll get there.. you don't wanna give up, not deep down! you want to change.. imagine a new you! and think of how great you'll feel!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Oh boo hoo get the hell off your pity train and get with it, your 27 and over weight, you want to be that way the rest of your life? Come on, your a young beautiful girl with a great husband, just think how great it will be to go out on a date with him wearing a slinky little number.

Now get off your bum and lets make some changes, go to this website, and research then set yourself a plan for a long, healthy, and happy life. Marksdailyapple.com

Carry on.
  • roundisnotsquare
    Options
    I have never responded to a blog before, but I can't let this pass me by. I am not sure what types of diet you are trying now or have tried. I too have PCOS. I started my diet in July and thus far have lost 85 pounds. I am on the South Beach Diet. Buy the book and read it. It wasn't until I went to a Nurse Practitioner last year did I know that people with PCOS process food just like a diabetic would because of insulin resistence (my doctor just said, "You have PCOS.") Because of such, we have to treat our bodies like we are diabetic because of the PCOS. I recommend reading the book for sure. I think a light bulb will go on with you. It did for me. It has changed my life and I really hope it can change yours. Just if it works for you and you run across someone with PCOS who is struggling the way you are struggling now....pay it forward. Tell them about what is working for you and help them. Best of luck to you.
  • Meghann218
    Meghann218 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I went through a situation when i was 2-3wks into exercising and eating better. I became tired and miserable. I am a full time working mom of 2 kids and I was taking my frustration out on my husband and kids. Between working 8 hrs, taking care of the kids and trying to get 30-45 mins of a work out (3 days on 1 day off) it became too much for me and got really tired from it and was ready to quit. My husband knew something was wrong and we sat down and talked. He could see that i was taking my frustration on the family which isnt right. He told me to cut back on exercising if i am doing too much. The great thing is he is also exercising and eating right himself so he is a good support also. I took a break for a day or too and got back the energy that i needed. I try to take day by day for myself. I want to do this for me. I want to be health for my kids, i want to be their for them and i want to start feeling good about myself. I think its hard cause we want to lose the weight fast right away and it doesnt happen right away.

Reading your blog made me think of how my husband and I were when we first started dating, and after we got married. We have a great marriage but we also have our hard times too. After our second kid it got harder on us cause i do devote alot of my time to my kids and was neglecting my husband. We are trying to work through taking some time for us.

Its great that you and your husband are doing a weight loss together, its always helpful to have your spouse with you on your journey. Maybe try to be open with your husband how you are feeling, if you havent. I will keep it in and sometimes make my situation worse for myself. I find it better to let me husband know and have him help me through it.

You could do it, keep your chin up and think about the reason why you want this. Good Luck!!
  • Lazr1430
    Lazr1430 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    First thing... Recognize what you are doing right! Then... recognize what you are doing wrong... Then change one wrong thing at a time.. You don't have to do it all at once.. Just change one thing, and you will start feeling better about yourself. TODAY really is a new day! You can do it, one small thing at a time!
  • NotScaredToTry
    Options
    Thanks...

I feel better knowing im not alone!