Who here is living a primal lifestyle?

Options
After doing some research I am just starting today and wondered who else has adopted this way of life? What's been your success so far? Do you have any favorite foods, recipes you'd like to share?

Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 24 hour fast once or twice a week and im always on the go working out and I eat for survival not because of boredom or nervousness. I love it
  • mboone4541
    mboone4541 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am kind of following the primal eating plan, I say "kind of" because I do triathlons, and in the window immediately before/during/immediately after workouts, I use manufactured products like sports drinks and gels. But the rest of the day I am trying to eat only meats, nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables, and eggs. I have been following this pretty strictly for a little over a month now and I have so far seen a pretty good reduction in body fat. I don't use any recipes, I just try to keep it simple and stick to stuff that occurs in nature. I will try to grill some extra fish or chicken and have enough leftovers to take for lunch the next day too. I try to make up several salads at a time and put them in containers in the fridge. I miss the convenience of the manufactured food, it sure was handy to just pour out a bowl of cereal! It is still too early for me to say that this way of eating is better than my old way, but so far so good.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Hey Court - You know I did 100% Paleo in November. I lost 6 pounds while maintaining my muscle mass. I felt great, rested, strong, clear and I was able to recover quickly after my intense crossfit workouts.
    It's really hard to maintain 100% - you may want to look into following 80-20.
    Come join our group at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/175165-palelo-support-group?page=14#posts-2522767
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing anything specific as far as eating is concerned... but with my exercise, I like to try and push it to beat my previous distance. I'm now able to do almost 4.5 miles in an hour. For me, that is awesome. That aside, I hate exercising, but now, I'm at the point that if I don't get any in for the day, I feel like total garbage. And THAT is actually a good feeling for me to have I think.
  • JessicaRucker
    Options
    We have been eating like this for a while, but I must say, I had NO idea it had a name! We(my family) just called it whole foods eating. "If God didn't make it, we don't eat it" is our catch phrase. I really need to update the photo on my page, because I have went from 268 to now 189 in 6 months
  • orchidandwasp
    Options
    Awesome job on your weight loss!

I am not paleo at all, because I do not exclude dairy, and I do eat small amounts of whole grains, and I drink alcohol in moderation. That said, I have benefitted a lot from the insights of the paleo diet, I do not eat refined sugars or processed foods. I am planning to do two months of full-on paleo this August and September, because I'm curious to see what it might do for me at that point..

If you are interested in following someone who has gotten very very fit through a combination of paleo diet and crossfit, check out this little blog: http://catherinewalkerhart.blogspot.com/

She has links to her success story and also links to her and her friends' food log, so you can see what they are eating every day on their paleo challenge, there are great ideas in there.

Best of luck to you, Erin

Best of luck to you!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Pam - I had completely forgotten about that! Thanks for the link :)