South Pacific, Hawaii, and the US west coast

Options
wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
You are all in my prayers. Please take care and prepare for the tsunami.

Replies

• Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My sister lives 2 blocks from the beach in Honolulu. Have not been able to get a call to her but she was texting me updates. She has been evacuated, is staying with friends in a house on a high mountain. My parents live in Northern Cal, about an hour from the coast, and I have lots of friends and family up and down California. (I'm in Oklahoma - times like these I'm so grateful to be land-locked!)

Tsunami warning for Hawaii, and for west coast - Calif, Oregon, Canada, Alaska, Mexico.

Prayers for all.

Ice
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Prayers to all......Mother Nature showing her force......
  • marysimmons
    marysimmons Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Llet all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them that those who love your name may rejoice in you. For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield (Psalm 5:11-12).

PRAYERS TO ALL OF YOUR FAMLIES AND FRIENDS AND TO ALL OUT THERE AFFECTED!!
  • wriglucy
    Options
    I didn't see the whole warning, but it goes all the way through South America. Prayers for all...
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Amen. I'm still waiting to hear from a friend studying in Japan..
  • donnajcruz
    Options
    The time by which the Tsunami would hit Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands has come and gone with no effect at all except maybe a slight 2-foot sea rise. I live on Saipan and all is well here. My relatives on Guam say all is well there also. Please pray for those who might still be hit with this.
  • wriglucy
    Options
    The time by which the Tsunami would hit Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands has come and gone with no effect at all except maybe a slight 2-foot sea rise. I live on Saipan and all is well here. My relatives on Guam say all is well there also. Please pray for those who might still be hit with this.

Thanks for the update, and glad your safe. It's hard to really know what's going on just by watching the news.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I live in Washington State and haven't heard anything about our state yet. I did hear that California beaches and areas near the beaches are being evacuated. My prayers go out to Japan and the other areas affected as well as asking for prayers in return. Wishing I still lived in the midwest.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    FYI:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110311/ap_on_re_eu/eu_us_japan_earthquake

My buddy Grayson is stationed out of Yokosuka so at least I know all the military personel are okay.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers and positive thoughts to all those who have been hit or are in the path.

Karen
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    The west coast of Vancouver Island was hit with slightly higher waves this morning around 7AM. Maybe a meter (3.2 foot), there's probably someone out surfing in it!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Here in Cali, stupid surfers are hitting the waves.
  • hanna541
    hanna541 Posts: 32
    Options
    LIVE HERE IN HERMISTON OREGON IN THE PACIFIC AWWWWWHHH IAM SCEARD