Girls night in - what to eat

Options
CARNAT22
CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
Tomorrow night we have a DVD and wine evening planned at a friends house.

I am going to take my own vodka (just a small bottle and some Diet Coke) so at least I can avoid the wine but what shall I eat?

Friend will be serving up pizza, garlic bread, dips, crisps and God knows whatever else - all the things I have avoided like the plague for the last 5 weeks :-(

Anything I can take along with me to lessen the damage? I was thinking I'll take over a nice big salad and some whole meal pitta's and humous.

Although avoiding all the other goodies may be my main problem :-(

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Eat befoer you go. Take some celery, brocolli or other veggies of you choice. I don't know why you are avoiding the wine. A dry white or red will be similar in coloric content to the hard liquor
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    yer take some chopped up carrot and celery sticks and a homus dip. that way you will feel like you are eating party food without so many calories.

Are they making their own pizzas? If so could take you own bases and add heaps of vegies.

Keep a few calories in store for the night, exercise before you go so you hav e a ew calories up your sleeve and lastly do go without everything have some fun and if you do over eat start the next day afresh
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Also what about popcorn. Great for dvds and you can get the air popped ones without the extra calories from butter
  • heididormanen
    Options
    be careful with your plan.. if you go into it thinking you can't have any of it and bringing all kinds of really healthy snacks.. you are more than likely going to be miserable. As someone else suggested.. eat before you go.. maybe something like a big salad.. filling but without the excess calories. Get some excersize in during the day and then allow your yourself a piece of pizza. You can make up some no pudge brownies and bring those.. I bet you will find your friends more than happy to have a lower fat alternative that tastes great. Depriving yourself usually backfires with a binge so try not to go at it that way.
  • lazyamerz
    lazyamerz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Make some easy homemade salsa and some baked tortillas! Also you could bring unsalted, unbuttered popcorn.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Have what you want but only small bits, make up the rest with carrot sticks and low fat dips and exercise loads before you go. Im off out tomorro night im going to hit the gym and burn between 700 and 1000 calories in the morn then I doesnt matter.