CAFFENIE

Options
Is it okay to take caffeine on workout days when you feel sluggish? I have a bottle but I don't know if I should take them or not they are 200mg. I really don't intake any caffeine throughout the day. Advice please? =)

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I think it is fine. Will also help with appetite supression and fat burning.

I take caffeine or something similar before my workouts.
  • nana_of_8
    nana_of_8 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you're not already hooked on caffeine, don't start now! Even if you are, don't expect it to really keep you moving throughout each day when you don't get enough rest; unless you're taking mega amounts of it and that's not healthy.

Try eating more energizing foods on a daily basis like fruits, beans, nuts, whole grains, salmon, veggies like tomatoes and sweet potatoes.

These snacks have the right combo of carbs, protein and fat—try one the next time you need a lift.
    1. A handful of dried fruit and nuts
    2. One tablespoon of peanut butter on whole-wheat crackers
    3. Sliced veggies dipped in hummus
    4. Air-popped popcorn sprinkled with shredded Parmesan cheese
    5. Pita chips with bean dip and sliced avocado
    6. Low-fat cottage cheese with fruit and almonds
    7. A fruit smoothie made with low-fat yogurt or milk

And of course the more energy you use, the more your body makes, and the better rest you'll get - - so make sure to move every chance you get. Don't sit if you can stand, don't stand if you can walk, don't walk if you can run.

Hope this helps!! :flowerforyou:
  • nana_of_8
    nana_of_8 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    oh and the best thing to eat before a work out is a banana :bigsmile:
  • ambernwms
    ambernwms Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for the advice i am going to try to eat 2 hours before I go to the gym!