UGG!! Why do I do this to myself???

Options
I didnt NEED to stop for breakfast this morning... but I still did! UGG! I had Mcdonalds breakfast for almost 900 calories... for 1 meal!

Guess I will be working out HARD CORE to earn calories for dinner!

Ok... moving on with my day and not going to dwell on it!

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday. I had a job interview and was so nervous that I had a huge salad at Zaxby's...then when home later than night and stopped by Krystal's and got FOUR burgers.

Oh well, I'm chugging some H20 today and realizing today is a new day!
  • OmelissaO
    OmelissaO Posts: 42
    Options
    Messing up 1 day is not the end of the world. Just grab your water and running/walking shoes and get to moving. Tomorrow is a new day and you have the rest of today to work off your McDonalds breakfast :)
  • terijsu
    terijsu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. It's like when I go to a restaurant and gorge myself and I feel absolutely miserable afterwards. Then you feel guilty and regretful. The best advice I can give you is just to do like you said...move on and try to make the best out of the rest of your day. :)
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Agreed. It's already done and it's still early. Burn some good calories today and adjust anything that you need.

Just remember the next time you are tempted to stop all the work you had to do just to account for what you ate the last time.

You can do this!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I totally blew it out for Fat Tuesday. I paid for it the rest of the night too because I was MISERABLE. It's funny how your body starts rejecting the things you used to eat all the time when you start eating healthy.
  • activemom
    activemom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i agree..............don't beat yourself up. it is a lifetime of work to keep your weight in check. move on!
    you can do it. make yourself do something different to burn calories today!
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their slipups... def don't dwell on it. If you're ever tempted again you could try the hairband on your arm trick. Everytime you are about to give in to something you know isn't good for you, you snap the hair band. Eventually your mind will associate that though with a negative reaction rather then a positive! It works for me :-)
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday...didn't log and ate a BUNCH of crap. Result: I FEEL like crap today! So I will be right back on track today.

One thing I've noticed....the day after I have a "bad" day, the best thing for me to do is go right back to my normal routine. In the past I tried to "make up" for it the next day by exercising a whole bunch more and eating less, but all that did was make me hungry and tired and still frustrated, and I tended to just binge again.

So, for me, it works best to just go back to a normal, healthy day. This might not be the case for you, or others, but I thought it worth mentioning because I don't want you to get discouraged. :-)

Turn it around, you can do it!
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    last night i ate an entire packet of crunchie biscuits and then a pizza :-/ i didn't even track it, i know i was about 3000 calories over.

today is a new day.