How do you make 3 eggs = 100 calories (not just whites)

Options
Woodman725
Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
I have been trying to eat more for breakfast the last couple of weeks after my morning workouts and have been trying some different things. If you really don't like just egg whites, you can make 3 eggs = about 100 calories. I just use 2 egg whites and a third whole egg. One egg = 70 cal + 2 whites @ 32 cal. = 102 cal. And three egg whites has 18g of protein.
I'm sure it's nothing new and certainly not fancy, but it sure beats 3 whole eggs for 210 cals.

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i do it all the time! I use egg beaters sometimes though, i find eating white eggs weird :-p
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    top with some sugar free salsa for extra flavour, I like adding in some spinach and mushrooms with green and red bell pepper diced up as well.
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    I use the egg beaters too!

I agree, I am not all about whites...I like some yolk in mine, so that sound like a great way to add some to your breakfast :)
  • OmelissaO
    OmelissaO Posts: 42
    Options
    I make an omelet for breakfast usually with 3 egg whites, 95%fat free diced ham (or fat free turkey) and shredded cheese. Even with three cups of coffee it's well under 300 calories and very filling.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Is it just egg whites you don't like or processed eggs? I found I couldn’t stand just the whites but I love Egg Beaters and other yellow coloured brands. It's probably all psychological but if it looks more real it’s better. 1/4 cup is only 30 cals, a 1/2 cup + large handful of spinach and some black pepper makes a great a omelet.
  • Woodman725
    Options
    Is it just egg whites you don't like or processed eggs? I found I couldn’t stand just the whites but I love Egg Beaters and other yellow coloured brands. It's probably all psychological but if it looks more real it’s better. 1/4 cup is only 30 cals, a 1/2 cup + large handful of spinach and some black pepper makes a great a omelet.

Oooh, I like spinach. I'll have to try that. And actually I had about 2 Tbsp of cheese on my egg this morning, makes a big difference in taste and not a lot of calories. It's not that I don't like the whites, but I really like the yolk, so much more flavor.
  • am_last10lbs
    am_last10lbs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like egg whites with cheese and spinach as well....but you could also try using a butter spray which gives it a bit of fried egg taste, but the Becel Butter Spray is 0.2 calories for 5 sprays.
  • Woodman725
    Options
    I got some fresh spinach for a chicken meal and have been using it with my eggs. Yummy! And I use the I Can't believe it's not butter spray, it says no calories, but I still try to not go overboard. It's better than 2 Tbsp of butter on a baked potato.