Xbox Kinect

Options
Hello all ;} I am thinking about buying a Xbox Kinect.. Are they worth the money? What the best games to get for it? I was looking at the biggest loser game and the Fighters Uncaged. Those any good? Thanks !!

Replies

• Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love the xbox kinect! Me and my fiance do the biggest loser together and I think its great. The kinect sports is fun, its like wii sports but I think better because of the no controller...and I have Dance Central which is awesome and pretty much a workout in itself which some of those songs lol. :) Sorry don't have that uncaged fighting game so no sure.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The Kinect is awesome. I don't have those games though. I have Zumba, EA active, Dance Central. The boxing game & the biggest losers are next on my list to get.
  • MomsDaily140
    Options
    I like it a lot, it's fun and it will get your heart rate up playing the Sports,... The Soccer and the Track and Field. The boxing is a little off,..... (accuracy) but they are still working on getting it timed right, so IDK about the Fighters Caged, how accurate it may be. But I think it's worth the money.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I LOVE our Xbox Kinect... My 2 fav games so far are the fighters uncaged... u work up a good sweat with that one, and its a lot of fun! The nice thing is even my kids like that game, and they end up all sweaty and exhausted lol Awesome workout! I also have Your Shape and I'm loving that one as well you can play games (they don't last long) but they are fun, for a before workout or inbetween workouts! Once you do the fit test you can do all kinds of different training!

I definitely say the fighters uncaged is the best... those are the only ones so far that I've tried! good luck
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The Kinect is awesome. I don't have those games though. I have Zumba, EA active, Dance Central. The boxing game & the biggest losers are next on my list to get.

How is the Zumba game??? I was thinking of getting it next but I've never done Zumba before so I'll be a newbie :)
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Thanks for all the info ;}
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Well I broke down and bought one lol... I bought the biggest loser , kinect sports and Fighters uncaged !! Hope it is worth it ! Now I will just have to kick the daughter off the Wii so I can play the kinect lol
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    YAY you'll LOVE the fighting game!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Love my Kinect! Sports and Dance Central are favorites - you'll burn some calories on 'em, and have a lot of fun, too. I haven't played Fighters Uncaged, but the reviews on it at launch ravaged it pretty badly.
  • outersoul
    Options
    +1 for getting a Kinect. I love ours. We have a few games but the best is Dance Central. I also use it to video chat with my kids when they go to their mom's house.
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm curious to see what you think of Fighters Uncaged!

When I originally got my Kinect I also got Dance Central (love it) and the Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (like it). I actually find I get an amazing workout with both games as long as I put in maximum effort...keep your body moving between scenes. This is something I have stuck to, moreso than the gym everyday, so my goal (met so far) is to do at least 30 minutes of nonstop Kinect daily. Don't discount Adventures, the game it comes with. That is actually a killer workout too!

I have since purchased the Kinect Sports game and I actually love this game the most! There are SO many game options, especially with the FREE mini games update, that I never get bored. That being said, boxing gets my heart rate going the most (along with track and field) so I'm curious about the merits of a boxing only game.
  • Duliebob
    Duliebob Posts: 12
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Fighters Uncaged! One of my friends has the game, and I keep going to his place so I can play it. I have since set a savings goal to get an Xbox, a Kinect, and a few of the games. I also need to get a TV since I haven't had use for one in over 5 years and I don't want to take up all the time in my housemate's theater he installed.

Until I can save up the $2000 for my goal (doing a real install, not this half-*kitten* setup in my house), I will have to just keep going to my friend's place.

I think it is a great game to cover the winter doldrums when you can't otherwise enjoy yourself outside.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love my Kinect. So worth the money I spent on it I have Sports, Dance Central, and Your Shape. Sports is the one I play the most, but Dance Central is fun, and Your Shape provides a pretty good workout.

Fighters Uncaged got ripped quite a bit in just about every game outlet review out there, but it seems like a lot of people on this forum that bought it really enjoy playing that game.