Stronger, Better, Faster Challenge September 30th

Options
Hi everyone!

Yesterday I had a private yoga class. It must have been pretty restorative, because I fell asleep in final savasana. Also, we did plow. . .which is probably my favorite pose, and I miss it in bikram. (sometimes I do it after class is over, because I enjoy the way my spine feels after)

Mary, I don't know what style it was. She said a name, but I didn't recognize it. We held each pose for five slow breaths. I felt very out of touch with my breath (maybe I was feeling a bit scrutinized at first being the only one in class. . .I live in a primarily Jewish neighborhood, and it was erev Rosh Hashanah, so my street was a ghost town.) We did a vinyasa/sun salutation that was similar to, but not identical to Ashtanga (sp?) ones that I've done. I'll ask her again next week.

I also did 30 minutes on the elliptical at 70% HR. I found a setting on my watch that I can show percentage of max instead of BPM. Very handy.

Today, it's more cardio. I actually get to go to spin class, because my french class is canceled because of the holiday. So, today is:

push-ups.
spinning.
water.
vits.
working on my paper re-write, which is due the 1st, which i thought was Thursday, but is apparently tomorrow! (30 days hath September . . .duh.) I haven't even started. Bring on the coffee!

Take care of yourselves. . .
Oh, and wandering. . .welcome back!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Yesterday I had a private yoga class. It must have been pretty restorative, because I fell asleep in final savasana. Also, we did plow. . .which is probably my favorite pose, and I miss it in bikram. (sometimes I do it after class is over, because I enjoy the way my spine feels after)

Mary, I don't know what style it was. She said a name, but I didn't recognize it. We held each pose for five slow breaths. I felt very out of touch with my breath (maybe I was feeling a bit scrutinized at first being the only one in class. . .I live in a primarily Jewish neighborhood, and it was erev Rosh Hashanah, so my street was a ghost town.) We did a vinyasa/sun salutation that was similar to, but not identical to Ashtanga (sp?) ones that I've done. I'll ask her again next week.

I also did 30 minutes on the elliptical at 70% HR. I found a setting on my watch that I can show percentage of max instead of BPM. Very handy.

Today, it's more cardio. I actually get to go to spin class, because my french class is canceled because of the holiday. So, today is:

push-ups.
    spinning.
    water.
    vits.
    working on my paper re-write, which is due the 1st, which i thought was Thursday, but is apparently tomorrow! (30 days hath September . . .duh.) I haven't even started. Bring on the coffee!

Take care of yourselves. . .
    Oh, and wandering. . .welcome back!:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Whoops - I was typing up the start to another thread, but Vivia beat me. So here's what I had posted over there.

September's over already? In Vivia' words - who authorized THAT?

Welcome back, WL! Staying on track when you have such a crazy schedule may seem impossible, but I know you can do it. :flowerforyou:

I weighed in today and... it looks like I've lost! The first weigh-in (pre-shower) was 160.4, the second one (post-shower, wet hair) was 161.0. I am so suspicious at this point that it's going to come right back, but I went ahead and logged the higher number. Woo-hoo!

No class today (yeah, right - like I EVER have class :wink: ), so I'll probably hit the elliptical for a bit after work and then Shred. They are starting Zumba on Thursdays so I am excited about that. Tonight, I'll do some reflecting on this challenge and what I want to shoot for on the next round. Thanks again to all of you for welcoming me into your group! :smooched:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Oh, and I started a blog.

I feel a little weird "going public" with my journaling, but I think it might be helpful. Or, at least I have another time-waster to add to my schedule.:tongue:

Yeah, who authorized October? Seriously!:noway:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I burned 350cals! yay! I hope to burn at least 300, 5 times a week. In my husband and my competition he usually loses. Yesterday we get into the car and im SO HUNGRY and had no cals left for the day and he reaches behind my seat and pulls out a big bag of Miss Vickies sea salt and malt vinegar chips and puts them on my lap!! :noway: I know he is trying to make me go over my cals so he will win. I did eat some. Not many. But I still was over my cals so last night went for a bike ride.

Today I need to run into town to my bank and thinking about going to subway. I usually just get a 6 inch ham sub with tons of veggies. Anyone have any idea how many cals are in the buns? Today Im doing that and then more packing. I did almost all the kitchen yesterday. Tomorrow we get the keys to the house! :bigsmile: Oh and my cat had 2 kittens last night. I was up most of the night listening to them meow :grumble: Ah well. My husband was asking me about what kind of dog I wanted. Ive always been a cat person but since Ive took care of that one dog I was dog sitting... I really want one!! It was so nice to have a walking companion! Plus my kids LOVE dogs! haha Our new home has a huge yard with a huge fence! Probably in spring we will get one! :bigsmile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Carrie - why isn't your kitty fixed? I'm an animal freak, so I had to ask. Everyone has their issue that they can't shut up about.

V- My husband's gym has those ellipticals - I like the ones with the incline in the front, which my gym has. I have a precor preference. Also, I enjoy reading everyone's day to day stories, now I'm going to have to check your blog? Not sure how to just monitor one person's blog.

WL - welcome back.

CP - congrats!

Ok, Intuitive Eating is still scaring me. Like many, it takes forever for me to lose weight. I just have to remember a time I lost 25 lbs without trying. I was waiting tables at a retirement facility and the dining room was huge! I ate the same thing everyday for lunch (1/2 PB&J sandwich, salad, fruit, & 2 cookies, I think) and was not worried too much about my weight. I worked 7 hour shifts - mostly on my feet - so if I could somehow replicate this...

Yesterday I rode to the bakery and to yoga. Today is walking day.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Carrie - why isn't your kitty fixed? I'm an animal freak, so I had to ask. Everyone has their issue that they can't shut up about.

Well I have no excuse. Just never got her fixed. My other cat is though. Ive had this unfixed one (my cats dont have names... haha) for 4 years and shes only gotten pregnant twice. I didnt really see a need for it. But I sure am getting her fixed now! hahaha My husband and I have already talked about it and have the money now. Good to go!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

Well I have no excuse. Just never got her fixed. My other cat is though. Ive had this unfixed one (my cats dont have names... haha) for 4 years and shes only gotten pregnant twice. I didnt really see a need for it. But I sure am getting her fixed now! hahaha My husband and I have already talked about it and have the money now. Good to go!

Glad to hear that. Usually there is a low-cost clinic somewhere nearby, but you live out a ways, right?
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I got in my walk this morning. I have to say it was so nice to walk without having to push the stroller! Mammy and Pappy watched Alex so I could go. I thought I would go faster, but I started feeling light headed, so I slowed down. I still walked 3.5 miles in an hour so it was about normal.
    Today is water, and trying to eat healthy and staying within calories.
    Have another therapist coming this morning. We will start getting therapists 3x a week now and one other 2x a month for the next 6-8 weeks. It's going to be busy! I will be glad when this is over, yet I will miss the ladies coming over to help Alex. He has changed SOOO much! He's doing so much better!
    I'll check back in with you all later.
    Melissa
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Glad to hear that. Usually there is a low-cost clinic somewhere nearby, but you live out a ways, right?

Yeah, I live 100km out of the city. There is a low cost clinic. My sis has been having probs with them because she is trying to get her cat fixed. Everytime she calls they are on "vacation" all summer they were gone and they are still gone. Price really isnt a big deal for me, if it needs to get done it needs to get done regardless the cost. *shrugs*

Melissa, if you dont mind me asking.. What are all the therapists for?
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yay! Monica is back! I've missed you! :flowerforyou:

Carrie, I'm with you on sub lunch. Only I'm going to Quizno's because they have the flat-bread sammies that are only 2-300 cals each. I can get two, baked chips & water and stay around 500 for the entire meal. Subway is really good about posting their nutrition facts, so just ask. They probably know!

I was boredhungry (yes, I'm coining a new word) last night but went to bed instead. I'm glad I didn't give in because I hit 150 this morning. I am still 10lbs higher than my lowest weight in the past two months, but creeping closer. My goal is to break and stay under 150 from now on, so I'm on track for tomorrow. (hard to believe a year ago I was trying to break 180)

I sent in my deposit for beauties of america 2009 today so I officially have another year to focus on. If yu want to see actual competition photos, I'm on the website beautiesofamerica.com, select 2008 pageant photos. I'm in the Hard Rock, Interviews & Finals. I hit high 130s this year, but goal is 120 for next year.

Will check in tonight after I workout!
    Arianne :drinker:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

So nice to be reading the updates from everyone! I missed you guys during my self-imposed break.

Well I'm back on the program...lifestyle...however you want to look at it LOL! I have one simple goal for this shoot and that is to stay within my allotted calories. Everything else (exercise, yoga, vitamins) are secondary for the next 12 days. Eating healthy is what I will be focused on...

Herewith, yesterday:
    ~ Stayed within calories
    ~ 30 minutes weights, 25 minutes cardio

Today, aiming for a 400 calorie burn with:
    ~ 20 minutes core yoga
    ~ 30 minutes treadmill
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Vivia -- can't wait to check out your blog!! Who else on our thread is blogging??

Cool!
  • JulieB21
    Options
    Evening ladies. Well-it's official. I don't have allergies-I had bronchitis that turned into pneumonia. I feel like crap and I don't look very good either. Hopefully, the cough medicine script will allow me to get some rest tonight. I just wanted to check in & let all my buddies know I'm still alive. This is the first time in over a year that I've been sick enough to not exercise but I just can't breath without coughing....:frown:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Evening ladies. Well-it's official. I don't have allergies-I had bronchitis that turned into pneumonia. I feel like crap and I don't look very good either. Hopefully, the cough medicine script will allow me to get some rest tonight. I just wanted to check in & let all my buddies know I'm still alive. This is the first time in over a year that I've been sick enough to not exercise but I just can't breath without coughing....:frown:

Oh no! What a tough bird you are to be walking around with bronchitis/pneumonia. . .hope you feel better soon. Give your body time to heal (and it will, as your healthy self no doubt has a great immune system!)
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Im over my cals by 400 and something. Stupid cinnamin bun and donut! They were too sweet as well :sick: I prefer salty! I didnt eat much for dinner cause of these things... Im at moms where I got the donut from, and now once I get home I need to burn about 450 cals! arrrrg!! Bout a 45 min bikeride for me! :grumble: Thats about 4 laps around my town. Meh haha