Anyone ever try the special K challenge before?

Options
I was curious to kno if anyone lost weight and how much while doing this? im thinking of trying it next week ....

Replies

• warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    ***BUMP*** I wanna know this too.....
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I tried it, and I honesty didn't see any results. The reason I believe I didn't was because I was always hungry because the meals they have planned don't keep you full and I felt the plan didn't give you a lot of nutrients. You'll get sick of special k products twice a day for however long the plan is. I think there are better ways to lose weight.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It's not at all healthy. Special K is full of pretty nutritionally empty calories (except for the protein version).....it's all a gimmick.

Having 1 bowl of Special K = 150 cals or so. Lets say that instead of the cereal, you had two ounces of chicken, steamed broccoli, and an apple. That would probably amount to the same amount of calories, but it's REAL food.

Anyone can lose weight if they cut their meals down to 150 calories each. Replacing real food with processed carbs isn't going to do you any good-- plus, you'll gain that weight back once you stop.

Please please please.....don't think that there is a "shortcut" to being healthy. Just eat right and exercise-- it's that simple.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    it works, just hard to stick to because special k products aren't cheap & the monotony of eating only their stuff for a while. the reason it works is portion control. make sure you measure out the cereal & milk! i don't think i dropped 2 dress sizes, but it was a while ago when i did this & didn't make it the full 2 weeks because i was bored with the same basic options everyday.
    if you look at their website, they'll set up a free example meal plan for the 2 weeks for you.

basically it'll look like:
    breakfast- bowl of special k (120) w/ skim milk (80)
    10am- special k granola bar (90)
    lunch- bowl of special k (120) w/ skim milk (80)
    3pm- special k granola bar (90) or special k protein water (110)
    dinner- low cal & high fiber & protein
    = about 600 cals throughout the day of their products + a fruit with breakfast & lunch & then whatever you eat for dinner (prob about 600 calories there too) so you're getting the 1200 MFP minumum, but below 1500, causing at least a slight caloric deficit, no matter what your stats, plus the nutritional benefits. :o)

they have an assortment of products & example dinners on the website. good luck!
  • 1medicwife
    1medicwife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I tried it and got no results. I was always hungry . I figured I could eat the FOOD I wanted instead of their stuff and still keep within my calories/points, etc.
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Some magazine recently...fitness???rachel ray??? I can't remember which one...did a test using staffers - 1 male and 1 female. both did well for the first few days, but then were ravenously hungry and ended up overeating. If I remember correctly, the male didn't lose any weight, and the female lost a couple of pounds, but put them back on right away when she started eating real food again.

I like special K...I eat it on occasion for breakfast...but 150 calories for breakfast and lunch, 2 100 calorie snacks and a "sensible" dinner - say 500-600 calories at most??? That adds up to just under or right around 1200 calories. I can eat a whole lot more food for 1200 calories on my own.
  • Jackie218
    Jackie218 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback guys!!! it was just a thought, doesnt look like its the right thing to do