Lost my first 2 lbs after a month!!

Options
I'm very excited as I've been eating healthier along with only eating the 1,200 cals and doing the P90X Lean version for about 4 weeks now with no results until today... I've been doing a weekly weight in and I've finally lost 2 lbs today. Hopefully I continue to lose!

Replies

• KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    congratulations! keep up that good work!
  • glcarr65
    glcarr65 Posts: 74
    Options
    Way to go...Keep it up.........
  • mrdalton
    mrdalton Posts: 97
    Options
    Good for you! Way to hang in there. I am struggling because I have made all these drastic changes and the scale wont budge. I will try to be patient like you. Like my fiance said, "it took years to put on, it is not going to come off like a shirt"
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Don't get discourage, I am a very slow loser I only weigh myself once a month. If I do it weekly the scale beats up my self esteem. I just weighed in yesterday lost 5 1/1 inches and 3lbs. I work out 6 days a week some times 7 eat 1600 calories a day. tried 1200 and the scale froze on me increased my calories and it started to move. It is frustrating but giving up is not an option.

Hang in there your worth it :sad:
  • adholcomb
    adholcomb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • JasonMcFeetors
    Options
    Good for you for checking in weekly. My usual reaction is to check in daily which simply puts you on a roller coaster of ups and downs as your weight fluctuates!

Keep it up!
  • ccadartist
    ccadartist Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Congrats!!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    just remember thats 24 pounds a year!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Jewels2681, are you eating 1200 calories gross or 1200 calories net?

If you're grossing 1200 calories per day, try eating back your exercise calories that are burned on your P90x. I found that by eating those and making sure I have a NET 1200 calorie intake, I lose more weight and even look better from week to week.
  • aprilmssmith
    aprilmssmith Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You gave me hope! I lost 9 lbs the first 2 weeks and then nothing in the last 2 weeks. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and just be happy that I had that big loss at the beginning. I weigh tomorrow so hopefully there will be at least a little loss!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I would recommend eating back some or most of your exercise calories for more weight loss. Read the links in my signature for info on that. I know it sounds counterproductive, but it works! At first I was losing for a bit then it stopped. I decided to listen to everyone and start eating back the calories and I started losing about 3 lbs a week regularly (when I was much heavier)! Your body needs to fuel your workouts! Good luck to you and keep it up!
  • BrilliantLove
    BrilliantLove Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Don't get discourage, I am a very slow loser I only weigh myself once a month. If I do it weekly the scale beats up my self esteem. I just weighed in yesterday lost 5 1/1 inches and 3lbs. I work out 6 days a week some times 7 eat 1600 calories a day. tried 1200 and the scale froze on me increased my calories and it started to move. It is frustrating but giving up is not an option.

Hang in there your worth it :sad:

Twistygirl, I have the same advice for you as the poster. Try eating back ALL of your exercise calories every day or at least most of them. When you are working out so much and burning so many calories you have to place that energy. You should aim for about 1200 NET calories. So eat 1200 calories per day just to eat. Then burn your calories. Say that is 400 calories. Consider then eating another 400 calories. Because once you burned those 400 calories you are at 800 net. And that's not healthy. You may be working out to boost your metabolism but then slowing it right back down by not eating enough.
  • Shellndub
    Shellndub Posts: 72
    Options
    Remember to go with how your clothes fit. When your working out hard - also, muscle weighs more than fat. So you may see bigger differences in clothing fit than scale weight for a while. Great job!!!
  • Jewels2681
    Options
    I'm eating 1,200 net. I'm not eating all my exercise calories because I feel that my calorie monitor might be off so I try and eat back about 75% of what my heart rate monitor says I that I burned...
  • katrinac83
    Options
    keep it up i love the p90x warm up and power yoga.
  • crnorwood
    crnorwood Posts: 29
    Options
    WooHoo!! Congrats, that's great!!!
  • pontprennau
    pontprennau Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I stopped exercising due to bad weather and after a slack winter have recently started again!! and for the first 2 weeks I gained weight and now it's starting to slide off me again so stick with the programme and you'll start seeing better results from here on in I'd expect :)
  • Jewels2681
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :-)