Thunder Thighs... Seriously. ;)

Options
so... i started out in size 20 pants... (probably should've been wearing a 22 for some pairs). I now fit comfortabley into an 18. However, I bought a pair of 16s... and i actually have room in them on my waist... but I won't wear them because they're snug on my thighs. and i mean SNUGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! anyone else have this issue? haha. just frustrating I guess.

Any weight loss for thunder thigh tips are appreciated as well.... or calves... or hips... or cankles. :) gotta love legs! ha.

Replies

• SNSabatel87
    Options
    i've always had that problem. it might not be your legs it might be the way the label makes their jeans or pants. if i buy pants from let's say the GAP the right size i'll choose will either fit my waist or be a little lose but it'll be so tight on my thighs because those pants were not made for my body type.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    If it fits my behind and hips, it is way too big in the waist. If it fits my waist, it is disgustingly tight below the waist. It is VERY hard to find proper fitting pants.
  • katyygirll
    Options
    i had that problem until i discovered the perfect jeans. and i mean perfect. at target they have a selection of different "fits" and i have thighs and a booty and the 14's fit me perfectly. it's a curvy fit designed for real women =] hope that helps!
    -K
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one! My thighs are definitely a little larger than they should be though...
  • mfp1daves
    Options
    I'M A GUY but HERE'S MY THEORY...
    Build MUSCLE in the area of concern and that muscle-induced calorie burn will reduce thigh size...
    None of this is "easy" though - but stay the course and you will win!!!
    CONGRATS on your weight loss...way-to-go!!!
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    I'M A GUY but HERE'S MY THEORY...
    Build MUSCLE in the area of concern and that muscle-induced calorie burn will reduce thigh size...
    None of this is "easy" though - but stay the course and you will win!!!
    CONGRATS on your weight loss...way-to-go!!!

Thanks. What would you suggest? I haven't really kept up with doing leg weight machines... however I take kickboxing as well as some muscle conditioning class... and i feel the front of my thighs getting stronger.... waiting for the sides to join in! haha
  • MyBeautyIsSkinDeep
    Options
    Love this Topic!!! LOL This the problem of my life,,, That is where I carry my weight, and the weight leaves quicker in my upper body, wearing a medium shirt and XL bottom but it was a 3X bottom , The strength training is working well for me i can see the results , but not ready to shop just yet ,,, best wishes to you it will get better !!!!:happy:
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    Love this Topic!!! LOL This the problem of my life,,, That is where I carry my weight, and the weight leaves quicker in my upper body, wearing a medium shirt and XL bottom but it was a 3X bottom , The strength training is working well for me i can see the results , but not ready to shop just yet ,,, best wishes to you it will get better !!!!:happy:

I could feel my ribs (not in a disgustingly thin way... but a way where i didn't realize i had bones there before! lol )... i'm so happy with my top half... tho still have a little belly and side fat to go. WHY WON'T MY BOTTOM HALF JOIN IN?!?!?! haha
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    OOOH!!! Mee too! I have the same problem with my bottom/thighs!!
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    I buy pants to fit my thighs and wear a belt. I've always had a way smaller waist than my hips, even at my heaviest. I'm in the exact "could maybe be a 16" in all of my dress pants, and those things are absolutely not forgiving!!! I'm not there yet, but maybe some lenghtening and toning exercises? Pilates and dancing classes seem to be a pretty popular way!
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    UGH! I know EXACTLY what you mean. I ALWAYS have this problem.

One exercise I've heard to slim hips is using ankle weights or resistance bands around your ankles. Stand next to a wall and stabilize yourself with your left arm on the wall. Then swing your right leg directly out to the side. Do 10-12 reps and repeat for other leg. You can also do this while laying on the floor on your side. If that gets easy, move up to your elbow in side plank position.

Hope this helps!
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they do have the new curvy fitting jeans at a few stores now, but I can totally agree with you! My waist is about two sizes smaller than my thighs so wearing a belt is not an option....it is a requirement. My thighs have gotten smaller, but my waist is smaller too....(o_o)
  • Beastiephile
    Options
    This is my problem, too! I started doing squats to try and reduce my thighs, but they just got muscular and even more HUGE. If only my thighs would cooperate, I could fit into a size 8 around the waist. How frustrating!!!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I find that Old Navy sells the best fitting pants for plus size (their plus size starts at size 14 and goes from there and BTW I would KILL to be in a size 14!)
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    PS...the elliptical machine has shrunk my thighs pretty nicely! I can only do 10 minutes right now cuz I just started, but in the 2 weeks I have been using it (3x a week) I have gone tfrom a 22 to an 18 in pants and they actally fit nicely :bigsmile:
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Like many of you on here, I have the same problem. Was shopping one day and went into Lane Bryant and tried on a boot cut jean and to my utter amazement they FIT. Comfortable around the waist and not snug around the thighs. I was shocked because I can not remember when that have ever happened to me. Try there and see if it helps. Good luck!!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one! My thighs are definitely a little larger than they should be though...

Try a "wider leg jean" the one that looks like a trouser jean. These are very flattering (have you ever seen What Not To Wear on TLC?)

I think you will be able to get a 16 and not worry about your thighs not being able to move. Good luck!
  • greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I saw someone else hit on this, but I've been using the resistance bands for the outside of my thighs and it's been doing wonders! I just put the band around my feet and walk sideways back and forth for as many repetitions as I can. Make sure to walk both ways though so you hit both thighs. I also love the hip abductor/adductor (sp?) machine. Lunges and squats of course help immensely.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    If it fits my behind and hips, it is way too big in the waist. If it fits my waist, it is disgustingly tight below the waist. It is VERY hard to find proper fitting pants.

I had this problem as a skinny but athletic teenager and I still had the problem at my heaviest weight. I have accepted it and the tailor is my friend!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    Try Old Navy! They have different jeans for different shapes and they have the "description" of the shape on a small sign near the jeans so you know which to try on :tongue: . I think the names of them are something like Flirt, Sweetheart, Diva, and Dreamer. I tried on the Sweetheart pair and grabbed one in each color! Finally, a pair of jeans that's comfortable on my thighs without a huge gap around my waist! :wink: