Question / Need advice

Options
I've been putting a plan together for tonight's dinner and workout for when I get home. If I do my scheuled Biggest Loser workout for 50minutes, it would put me under a net of 1200 calories. Im also not that hungry today, and, for once in my life, I don't think I could eat anymore today. I've already added in additional snacks to try and get up over the 1200, but that's not working out so well.

So my question is, would it be better for me to still do my 50minute workout and be at a net of 1059 calories, or should I do a 30minute (150 calorie) workout and be slightly above the "magic" 1200 calories? I feel like the exercise would be more beneficial, but i don't want to fall into the "starvation" mode either. Does anyone have any advice on this? Could I change or add something to my dinner tonight that would bump up the calories, but not be a lot of additional food? Not sure how to handle this one. I know I either have to eat more or work out less, I'm just not sure which one would be more beneficial.

Any and all advice is welcomed. :happy:

Replies

• southernlay_d
    Options
    I think you may be overthinking things a bit. Starvation mode will not happen over night.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same boat a few times. I feel as long as you don't make a habit out of doing it you will be fine. If you want to exercise I think you should! Who knows, you may decide you want to eat something afterwards after all!!
  • kld1624
    kld1624 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My fitness and food journals are also open for viewing. I keep reading that that really helps, especially when seeking advice.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. Genuinely. If you're not hungry, don't cram it... and if you get 10 minutes into the workout and feel tired... don't push it. it's one day out of many :)
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Do the bigger workout.. and its ok that your net cals isnt 1200.. as long as your gross cals is more than 1200!!! You could always enjoy a tbsp of peanut butter if you wanna up your cals for the day!
  • stacybrowning
    Options
    Right. Go ahead and workout... It will make you feel better.
  • Poehlerbear1983
    Options
    I think you will be fine if you eat at least 1200 calories and not count the amount extra they are giving you for your exercise. Count your ACTUAL food calories
  • sellingsworth
    Options
    I got into trouble with food by not listening to my body - I ate - hungry or not - so now I try to really listen to what my body says - if I am hungry - not bored or upset or because the food is there - I eat. If I am not hungry don't eat - keep doing the exercise - the full amount -
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    exercising increases your calorie intake allotment. enjoy yourself. Eat if you're hungry, but make sure they're nutritional foods.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    don't worry too much about it. as long as you actually ate more than 1200, then don't freak out if your net is a little under because of a worked out. if you feel like exercising, then go for it. as long as you don't do it all the time, then you'll be fine. if you're still not hungry and still worried about the calories, have a class of milk or a protein drink or something :)
  • kld1624
    kld1624 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I'm trying not to overthink these things. I just want to make sure I don't fall in a habit of going under the 1200 too often either. I'm just taking it step by step, and really want to lose the weight this time around. I think I'm finally learning how to do this properly which makes me feel a lot better. I'm one of the people that always thought that the less calories the better. Clearly that got me no where and I've discovered, thanks to all of you, the reason why it doesn't work.

I'm going to start my 50minutes tonight and see where that gets me, and if I only do the 30, I know that will be fine too. :)

Thanks again!!!