having a hard time

Options
The past few days have been tough for me. i had a busy schedule this week so i could only get to the gym twice and i am pmsing and fell off the wagon yesterday and today - i am getting so discouraged. I wish I had will power

Replies

• dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Today is a new day. You decide how your day goes. Determine to get back on your program and look at the last couple of days as a speed bump in your program. Don't beat yourself up about it. Get your focus back and get back to it. Best wishes.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Throw away the rearview mirror. Focus on the road ahead, not behind. I hear you about those PMS weeks, that's part of what brought me here this week.
  • lrhopkina
    lrhopkina Posts: 10
    Options
    A few days off the program, wont hurt. You can make up for it the rest of the week!
  • jxs016
    jxs016 Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree, don't get discouraged! We are human, and need to indulge from time to time. New day, clean slate! Good luck!
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    A wise man once said "It's not how many times you fall down that matters, but rather if you get up after that determines your character"
    Get back on that wagon and good luck to you
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, we all have bad days at time. Now get back up, it's a new day and I am proud that you are here and trying!
  • Lisabackontrack
    Options
    Yesterday is the past, today is a new day. Don't be discouraged, we all have days like that. So you went off track for a day, big deal. Get back on the track again and keep going from here. You are doing great, keep it up!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    PMSing only lasts a couple-a few days. Don't let it get you down. It's hard to stay on track then. Do the best you can, and realize next week is a new week!
  • Poehlerbear1983
    Options
    You can do it!! A bad week does not mean that you cant get right back up and start again!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! We all have bumps in the road now and again but just do your best to stay the course. And remember: You are SO worth it!!:smile:
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    A wise man once said "It's not how many times you fall down that matters, but rather if you get up after that determines your character"

Nicely said!
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    The past few days have been tough for me. i had a busy schedule this week so i could only get to the gym twice and i am pmsing and fell off the wagon yesterday and today - i am getting so discouraged. I wish I had will power

It was soooo hard especially in the begining. On top of trying to loose weight you are re-training your tastebuds to enjoy healthier foods. I know for me I was addicted to eating out and fast foods and foods high in fat, I had many "bad" days for awhile. Just hang in there and it will get easier! PROMISE!!!
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Last weekend was bad for me... gained 6lbs. while on a mini-vacation with lots of good food and drinks. I am by far the last person in the world to do anything right and still, I know that you can't just stop eating what you like. Sooner or later you will just binge and that doesn't help.

Stop being so hard on yourself. You didn't put the weight on overnight and it will not lose it overnight either. If you have a cheat day, well then you might as well enjoy it and no regrets. Just get back into the routine and you will be fine.

My favorite shirt BTW which I wear a lot says "Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow"
  • jaysp87
    jaysp87 Posts: 32
    Options

Twice is more than once and once is more than not at all. You moved this week, give yourself some credit for doing that. I had a goal today to work out for 60 minutes but only made it 20 because I had to eat RIGHT before. I want to continue but I know I can't (without getting sick), but I also know 20 minutes is better than none at all.

A few days off isn't going to hurt you, let those falls motivate you to keep in track again. You might not lose anything this week, you might gain a little, but it is all about the big picture. And next week will be better!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Well said!!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Just use the setbacks to make you stronger. Setbacks happen to everyone on their journey to lose weight. What you are going through is normal and happens to everyone. I think its not so much the willpower, but having the right structure around you to support you: positive friends, specific goals, healthy foods that don't tempt you, things that inspire you, etc.

Hang in there and keep fighting! You will look back on this and be proud that you stuck it out!