hello im new and need some friends

Options
hello everyone im new to this site and i really need some advice im 25 and in good shape recently began preparing for the marine core started jogging about 1.5miles then 3mi and eventully up to 6mi a day but in the last couple of days my ankle has become sore and started to pop when i walk any advice on how to help the pain stop ..i really want to get back to trianing but this has damperd my runs.

Replies

• havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm not a professional so I'm cautious about suggesting anything. Every now and then I have some ankle soreness and will wear a thin lace-up ankle brace for support when I need to do any sort of activity, like playing hockey. The other suggestion I would make is to try lower impact cardio exercises. If you have access to a gym you could find stuff there, otherwise maybe try hoping on a bike or skating. I've got quite a few friends that have been in the Marines (big props to you for making that decision btw) and I know how big running is, but I think if you just focus on the cardio aspect you'll do fine.

This is a great site to help be accountable and to gain support when you need it. Feel free to add me if you're looking for support.

Good luck!