I was hungry ALL day long yesterday!

Options
jamie1888
jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
Yesterday was very strange for me. I felt like I was SO hungry all day! I would eat, feel fine and then a little while later, felt like I was starving again! Ever have a day like that?

Just wish I knew why I felt that way. It wasn't boredom because it was ALL day at work and ALL night at home. I know I wasn't thirsty because I always drink a ton of water and even more so when I start feeling hungry. The only variance in my diet/health routine yesterday was the fact that 1) I've had a cold for a couple of days and 2) I didn't eat all my exercise calories from the day before and I usually try to eat most of them.

Thoughts?

Replies

• steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I get like that almost exactly 10-11 days before I start my time of the month. I have noticed this only lately after I got the period tracker apps on my phone. I just get crazy hungry and want to eat anything in sight and cannot get that "satisified" feeling after eating a proper meal.

I noticed it'll help take my mind off the hunger if i threw myself in some kind of workout, and have plenty of low calorie snacks.
  • TIFFYBABY83
    Options
    Oh My, I was the exact same way all day yesterday too, It was awful! I ate way too much then crashed at 7:30pm ugh today I am so mad at my self :(
  • jamie1888
    Options
    I ate over my calories for the day and ate some stuff that I normally wouldn't eat. But, I don't beat myself up about it. I would rather overfeed a little on one day than to starve myself if I feel hungry.
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I find that I get days like that too. I think a person's body is sort of testing it out to make sure there really is food out there if it needs it so I usually give in to eating more since the last thing I want is my fat panicing and not wanting to leave during a persceived famine. I just try to make sure I eat enough high protein snacks and bulky foods like huge salads to try to fill the void without eating totally out of control.
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I always find that I get famished when I've really been exercising really hard. Like every couple days I CRAVE a spaghetti dinner, and I do indulge. :)
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Yeah, I did add a couple extra cardio sessions the past week. But, I do eat most of my exercise calories. I try to leave some leftover as a buffer to counter under-estimating calories or over-estimating exercise. I just wanted to see if anyone had some insight. But, I'll just chalk it up to one day, I guess and hope that it doesn't happen too often. Although, I do not have a problem eating more! :bigsmile:
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    my DH tells me it happens when my metabolism is burning up all the food i'm eating. no scientific proof, but i like the way he thinks!
  • jamie1888
    Options
    That's what I was wondering too. I did a long cardio session (2 hours) and didn't eat all my exercise calories like I normally do. So, I guess my body was just saying, FEED ME! And I did! :wink:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I eat almost twice what I used to eat now that I do such high intensity workouts and lift heavy weights. I figure, my body must need it because I am staying the same weight and my muscles are getting strong!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    May be it's the food you ate. Protein keeps you from feeling hungry longer...?
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Yes, I figured my body needed a little extra, so I'm happy to oblige!

It wasn't my protein because I eat high in protein all day long; always do!
  • tristahenry
    tristahenry Posts: 175
    Options
    I get like this when I don't eat enough fiber rich foods. If you can't get it through natural foods add some metamucil to a glass of water. I can't stand the stuff so I make it a point to get it naturally but it's an option.