fitness magazines

Options
So what is everyone's favorite fitness magazine? My friend swears by muscle and fitness, but it def. seems more geared towards guys.

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I like women fitness rx, I don't subscribe to it, sometimes I buy it from the grocery store. It talks A LOT about strength training, something women are sometimes scared of or avoid, afraid they will bulk up, but so far from the truth.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That is actually one I picked up yesterday, and so far I love it. I found much more useful information then her's muscle and fitness. I'm not afraid of those weights....i'll show up the boys one day ; ).
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i subscribe to Fitness and Women's Health. i enjoy both. i also like Self and Shape.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    So what is everyone's favorite fitness magazine? My friend swears by muscle and fitness, but it def. seems more geared towards guys.

There's a Muscle and Fitness for Her, is that the one she's referring to? I love that magazine, the only one I subscribe to!

edited to add: There's nothing wrong with following a guy's routine you'll get awesome results!!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Prevention is a good one, too, but don't subscribe to the magazine. You can find all the articles, recipes, etc., on prevention.com.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i got a rosemary conley diet and fitness magazine the other day. it seems pretty informative and a biggest loser one as well from the bookstore. i don't generally read any fitness magazines but was looking for inspiration. hopefully they will help.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Best fitness magazine I've ever found is Onfitness

it's a trainers rag, and it's not all that common outside of barnes and noble, but it's outstanding. It cuts right past all the fluff articles about how to tone your butt and the best song to listen to while you're on the elliptical and all that junk, and gets right to the meat of real exercise issues (and health issues).

Unfortunately it doesn't come out often.

go here if you want to find out about it. www.onfitnessmag.com

Warning though, it might be a little to technical for some readers, it's really good for those of us who want to know the down and dirty on the latest techniques, trends, and training methods out there.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I like Whole Living. It’s more in tune with the way I want (try) to live.
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    oxygen oxygen oxygen!!!!
  • Georgie_P
    Georgie_P Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm for the Lasies Fitness and LOVE self -
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I regularly read Fitness and Self. Both are geared toward women and have some fun "girly" things in them too. You still get a lot of good tips :)
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    That is actually one I picked up yesterday, and so far I love it. I found much more useful information then her's muscle and fitness. I'm not afraid of those weights....i'll show up the boys one day ; ).

Go girl!!
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Women's Health and Runner's World are my favs!!
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    oxygen oxygen oxygen!!!!

I like this magazine but it had way too many ads in it!! It was kind of annoying but otherwise a great magazine!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    corinne, i did notice a lot more ads this year than last year. and they are always for super scary trannie like bodybuilders.
    still, i love LOVE their workout plans
  • MissCherrySuicide
    MissCherrySuicide Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love Shape. Havn't found another magazine that I've liked yet.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Best fitness magazine I've ever found is Onfitness

it's a trainers rag, and it's not all that common outside of barnes and noble, but it's outstanding. It cuts right past all the fluff articles about how to tone your butt and the best song to listen to while you're on the elliptical and all that junk, and gets right to the meat of real exercise issues (and health issues).

Unfortunately it doesn't come out often.

go here if you want to find out about it. www.onfitnessmag.com

Warning though, it might be a little to technical for some readers, it's really good for those of us who want to know the down and dirty on the latest techniques, trends, and training methods out there.

I'll def. check this out. I don't want all the fluff. I just want to know what I should be doing and how to do it.

I picked up a couple more today, but haven't had time to read through all of them. So far i'm loving fitness RX! fat loss appalled me a little bit because of their advice column, but other than that it had some good tips.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

I'll def. check this out. I don't want all the fluff. I just want to know what I should be doing and how to do it.

I picked up a couple more today, but haven't had time to read through all of them. So far i'm loving fitness RX! fat loss appalled me a little bit because of their advice column, but other than that it had some good tips.

FYI, this month was AWESOME. Had some great HIIT training articles in it, as well as a whole section in the middle about high quality foods. I wish I could post the whole thing here, people would really get a lot out of it.
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fitness RX, Women's Health, and Shape (sometimes) are the ones I get the most info from. Nothing against some of the mag's geared slightly more towards men, but I'm not trying to bulk up like a guy lol. Just depends what you're going for I guess.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I get Self as a gift, just subscribed to Women's Heath and about to send the money in for Clean Eating magazine. Clean Eating is super natural, clean, fresh and always low fat and low calorie. Totally making me try new foods.