Going to make it!

Options
Hi. A friend told me about this site the other day. I have been over weight for a while now...like 13 years! I have tried several times to lose weight and get in shape, but I think it is really time. I have a high school son and I know there are times he does not want me around because of how I look. I am not doing it for this reasonthough. My best friend is 22 and he has always made me believe in myself since the moment we met. I amnot doing it for that either. I am doing it because I dont want to be out of breathe walking up stairs. I dont want to not go places because I cannot look at myself in the mirror. I am finally doing it for me.

At the end of September my goal is to walk and run a half marathon. I know I can do it and I really hope this will help me out. I have already increased my protien which is an accomplishment. I am starting to actually look at what I eat and it is helping too. I am going to make my goal, but I feel like I need some friends to help support me and check in on me. I know it sounds silly, but I live my life by a schedule and never seem to put anywhere for me. I am ready. If anyone would like to become friends and help out that would be great.

Have a beautiful day!

Replies

• bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hey, friend me. I just finished couch to 5k, a highly recommend it to start running.
  • jessica6335
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck on your goals :)
    I am actually going to do my 1st marathon this year as well. I'm nervous and excited!!
  • ebigwood
    ebigwood Posts: 4
    Options
    What is couch to 5k?
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    Welcome! It's good to set goals - I'm doing my first 5K in May for Breast Cancer.
    You'll love the support and encouragement from MFP.
    Feel free to friend me.