Pizza?

Options
Hello I still have remaining calories1,155 ,carbs163;fat 41,protein 42 and I already ate my lunch.

Tonight is my familys regular pizza night, and we make home made pizza. Is there a way I can make a healthy pizza I can eat or at least a certain amount of slices.
Thanks!

Replies

• ethel64
    ethel64 Posts: 91
    Options
    i use a whole wheat tortilla with tomato sauce,any spices you like, then top with whatever veggies you like and a low fat mozz cheese...YUMMMMMM

Dempsters whole wheat tortilla wraps
    170 calories
    Total Fat 4.5g
    Total Carbohydrate 27g
    Protein 5g

Reduced Fat Mozzarella Shredded Cheese Sargento serving 1/4 cp
    80 calories
    Total Fat 4.5g
    Total Carbohydrates 1.0g
    Protein 8.0

Hunts tomato sauce Serving Size 1 serving (62.0 g) roughly 1/2 cp
    15 calories
    Total Fat 0
    Total Carbohydrates 3.0g
    Protein 1.0g

Add any veggies and spices to your taste and heat till cheese is melted...

edited to add values..
  • megancx3
    megancx3 Posts: 17
    Options
    That sounds amazingg!
  • jeananndawson
    Options
    I use Mama Marys wheat pizza crust, pizza sauce, Jimmy Dean crumbled turkey sausage, hormel turkey pepperoni, onion,s green peppers and fat free mozzeralla cheese.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Thin crust, tons of veggies! Enjoy!
  • scottclm
    scottclm Posts: 6
    Options
    i would suggest making a thin crust and taking it very easy on the cheese. pizza has so many calories. once slice is around 400 calories. enjoy your family pizza night!
  • helthymom6
    Options
    if you like thin crust Whole wheat pitas are also great for pizza! Sounds yummy maybe I will make pizze tonight!
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I plan for pizza night and most slices are 390 cal but if you make a veggie pizza you can bring that down to 290 or so. just use mushrooms, onions, peppers, thin slices of tomato, and olives. If others want meat then just pit it on half or 3/4 and that saves you 1/4. Good luck
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    thin whole wheat crust and do the modern "arugula and veggie topping" with some grated manchego or parmesan not the melted mozz?
  • ScorchPA
    ScorchPA Posts: 23
    Options
    Start with a pre-made "ultra this" pizza crust.

Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce (or tomato paste) on crust.
    Sprinkle liberally with curry and cracked pepper.

Toppings....
    chop up about 3-4 oz of buffalo chicken (we buy this in bulk at Sams Club and is a regular staple).
    about 4-5 green onions chopped up
    2-3 oz of fat free feta cheese.

Absolutely amazing, and the entire pizza is about 1200 calories (200/slice).
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I use the flat out bread as my pizza crust and usually make myself a BBQ chicken pizza. It's very good and the flat out tastes like thin crust. Here's their website for recipes and such....

http://www.flatoutbread.com/category/recipes/flatbread-wraps/grillin-pizza/

My kids love making their own pizza - i usually get turkey pepperoni for them and whatever odds and ends sound good for pizza toppings.

My local pizza place makes an awesome pizza w/ an olive oil base and topped w/ chicken, jalepenos, cilantro and tomato. I've been thinking about replicating it....hmmmm....lol
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Thin crust, tons of veggies! Enjoy!

I agree simple and easy. whole wheat crust would be even better. Pineapple and canadian baccon is so good too.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    My family loves my homemade pizzas too.
    I have switched from the pizza crust to the whole wheat and even the tomato tortillas for a thin crust and then start piling on the veggies.
    They love it and I know I can enjoy it as well.
    I have also done a meat and cheese one for them and loaded one like a supreme (with all the veggies) for me and had leftovers.
    :flowerforyou:
    Have fun with it and enjoy your family pizza night