Flavored Water vs Water vs Water Beverage

angelfromabove
angelfromabove Posts: 3
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a question. I understand we should drink 8 glasses of water. Is there a difference between flavored water, regular water, and a water beverage (such as Sobe Life water)

Replies

• kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Calories and sugar. Plain water is best :wink:
  • KPOLOCHAK
    KPOLOCHAK Posts: 3 Member
    My understanding was no. However, I try to make sure there is no sugar or sodium in the water beverage. I drink flavored carbonated waters, I add sugar-free inserts in bottles water, and I drink plain water! I count all of those. You can even count hot tea or iced tea and long as there is no sugar or you use a sugar substitute! Good Luck!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    if u need flavor (like I do cuz I refuse to buy spring watger when I have a faucet in my kitchen!) Slice up an orange, lemon, or lime, and add slices to the water in a single serve jug so they can flavor the water naturally...my fave is orange. There is very little sugar in fruit, and usually cheaper when u compare to the price of crystal light or even propel!
  • I was told by a nutritionist that waters means zero calorie liquid. Tea, coffee, ice water, even diet pops or diet drinks (though, only in moderation, if at all, because they are artificially flavored).
  • I was told by a nutritionist that waters means zero calorie liquid. Tea, coffee, ice water, even diet pops or diet drinks (though, only in moderation, if at all, because they are artificially flavored).
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    I count any clear liquids that don't have caffeine or alcohol towards my water count, but if it has calories, I log it in my food journal too.

So pretty much, the only liquids I don't count towards my water goal are milk, smoothies, coffee, tea, diet coke/pepsi, soup, and alcohol.

Liquids I count as water include water, flavored water, seltzer, (diet) caffeine-free soda, fruit juice, vitamin water, etc.
  • I am wondering this same thing - and I'll tell you what I have found so far. I used to drink Fuze Slenderize or Zero Water and looking at them I realized that they have sugar and carb calories - even if only a few I knew it wasn't helping me. I looked at Aquafina Flavor Splash which is what I am currently drinking. I can't help thinking that I would be better off just having plain water, and that plain water would help me lose weight. I just don't like it - even if I put lemon or lime in it! Maybe I will try carbonated?! What do you all think?
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    I am one that is addicted to bubbles, I love carbonated water I normally buy the la croix(sp?) or plain water for me. I was not always plain water I lost my first 75lbs with drinking 8-10 glasses of crystal light everyday.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    The water in all beverages and even foods would count. Water is the best but some places have poor tasting well or city water so I don't blame you for looking for alternatives.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    I am one that is addicted to bubbles, I love carbonated water I normally buy the la croix(sp?) or plain water for me. I was not always plain water I lost my first 75lbs with drinking 8-10 glasses of crystal light everyday.

You are doing an amazing job, what an inspiration. Keep up the great work!
  • But Sobe Life Water is no calories and no sugars.
  • Wow I never thought about tea. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.