Isagenix

Options
Hi there~ I'm fairly new to the site but I was wondering if anyone else out there is on the Isagenix diet??? When I add up my calories for the day including my exercise it usually says I'm taking in too little calories and my body could go into starvation mode...... what is that and what should I do??? I feel like I'm getting the proper nutrition but if lower calories will prohibit me from losing weight I need to rethink things....

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You need to eat your recommended calories & you also need to eat back any exercise calories you burn to make sure that your NET calories are hitting 1200 calories a day.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    good luck with the Isagenix!! I was on it for about 2 1/2 weeks until the smell of the protein shakes started making me gag and I gave up. Not to mention the cleanse days made me so miserable. They literally made me sooo ill!!
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    what is isagenix? I've never heard of it. And coming from a large family of lots of women, that's news.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I did Isagenix for a little while and my parents are on it now. Honestly, I don't think it's a sustainable way to lose weight - precisely for that reason. The program calls for replacing two meals a day with protein shakes and granted the shakes are delicious, but you also combine this limited calorie intake with two days a week of "cleansing" in which you consume nothing but the most horrid tasting liquid.

I think you will have success on Isagenix, but the problem with the program is that it isn't teaching you sustainable habits for long term weight loss and maintenance of your ideal weight. I suggest instead of following that program, you eat healthy, balanced meals, coming in under your calorie limit set by MFP and learn how your eating habits contributed to your current weight in the first place - then how to change those habits long-term.
  • cfolkens
    cfolkens Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Isagenix is not a diet, It's a lifestyle change!!
    It's a whole body nutritional cleansing at the cellular level.
    It is an amazing product!!!
  • jeneey
    jeneey Posts: 48
    Options
    Isagenix is a waste of money. They do not take into consideration people who exercise extremely hard burning off 1000 to 1200 calories a day. I am in the infamous starvation mode, it has messed up my metabolism and my head because now even though I am following the program, I am up 7.5 pounds in one month.

WASTE OF MONEY. And the company DOES NOT stand behind their product/system. It's all about money in the pocket for them.
  • jeneey
    jeneey Posts: 48
    Options
    Isagenix is not a diet, It's a lifestyle change!!
    It's a whole body nutritional cleansing at the cellular level.
    It is an amazing product!!!

I BEG TO DIFFER!! SEE MY POST ON THIS SUBJECT. YOU MUST BE A SELLER OF THE PRODUCT.
  • wilsot3
    wilsot3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been using isagenix since January and to date have lost almost 60 pounds, almost back to my College weight! And I am working out and burning in excess of 1000 calories a day through exercise and lifestyle. I love the cleanse days, these are my strongest days at the gym! I was a skeptic but I am a believer and I try to sell, but only because I see the results for myself.

If you are having problems on the isagenix program I would talk to your coach to help you adjust the program to fit you and your goals. It's so flexible that it can fit anyone.

But that is just my 2 cents.... ;-)