Hit the WALL

Options
i have been sticking to my cals and everything and working out like crazy and have not lost any weight in almost a month. How do i break through the WALL and get back to dropping lbs. im starting to lose motivation, but im not giving up... i still have 22lbs to lose before my first goal.

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Have you tried calorie cycling? I've heard rave reviews..
  • shellsuit2001
    Options
    what is that
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    calorie cycling?
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    change up your calories, change up your work out... keep pushing through!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    open up your food diary so people can give you constructive feedback...it might be the types of foods you are eating
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am so with you! I have been at standstill for a month and actually was up a pound on today's weigh in. I boosted my exercise and feel better with 1/2 inch off my waist, but no weight loss.

I would love to know more about calorie cycling!!
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Maybe think about changing up your routine. If your doing a lot of Cardio exercise try doing a primary strength training program or vice versa... even the slightest change can make the biggest difference. Have you thought about taking a break? Take a couple days to a week off and let your body adjust to not working out ALL the time.. once you get back to it things will shift all over again! My suggestion if you take some time off (of a regular workout routine) still stay active and go for a leisure walk in the park.. play with your kids or pets for 30 min.. something fun so your still moving and won't feel guilty for not hitting the gym or working out like you are so used to.
  • afoshag
    afoshag Posts: 14
    Options
    A great way to break through a plateau is interval training. I have found that by alternating high and low intensity in one exercise session I hardly ever plateau! I currently am using the Power90 workout to help me out and I have P90X for after I complete training with Power90. I run as well and use intervals even then.... Also if you are lifting weights muscle can counter the scale so make sure to take your measurements. You could be losing inches without the pounds. It won't last forever, but for some periods I have had this happen to me in the past before my Power90/P90X workouts. Hope this helps! And good luck!!!!!!!! : )
  • md_ts
    md_ts Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i am doing Turbo Fire and i also run. i do not lift weights. i have been taking measurements and that has not changed either. maby i just need to change up my diet or something. do u think cutting more carbs would help.
  • afoshag
    afoshag Posts: 14
    Options
    I will say I have cut carbs in the past and it does help! I recently discovered I have a gluten intolerance so I have been cutting my carbs very well! I still do eat some carbs like beans and sweet potatoes and fruits. I try to eat 1 to 2 servings of bread product , gluten free of course, a day (some days I do better than others! ) I find that for me balance is key. The bulk of my diet I try to eat veggies and fruits. It has helped me a lot! Good Luck again!