Two-a-day workouts starting March 21st

Options
I am going out of town for a week starting tomorrow and I am going to start two-a-day workouts 6 days a week starting March 21,2011 and am wondering if anyone else is interested in starting then as well?

Replies

• aross999
    aross999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm doing them now, but I'm worried that I'm overdoing it - not because my body is telling me so, but because my weight loss has stalled!

I do feel VERY productive doing two-a-days thought! Good luck!
  • InternSherry
    Options
    Are you doing just cardio or cardio and strength training. I am looking to increase my workouts. I will be training for a 5k starting next week. I have got to push it up!
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Are you training for something?
  • mzdetermined
    mzdetermined Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Forgive me two-a-day workouts. Does this mean you working out twice a day?
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I thought about it. Jillian in the am and just dance 2 in the pm. I would join you but I am not sure I will have enough time to do it everyday.
  • lcastaneda
    lcastaneda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just want to encourage you NOT to give up AROSS999. Maybe switch up your workouts a litle bit to shake up the routine but don't give up. The stall will end. Just hang in there.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm down for that....I've been doing P90X everyday, and I want to incorporate running/walking into my evenings. Alright!
  • HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    aross999 - I am ready to start. The stall will end for sure. Maybe switch it up that should help. I am going to measure and weigh March 20 will post up. Add me as a friend and we can motivate each other to keep going..that would be awesome

Sherrykotara- I am going to do cardio/strength training, cardio/cardio, cardio/strength training, cardio/cardio, cardio/strength training, cardio/strenth training.

gburkhart2 - i have a personal goal of where I want to be by summer (2 months for me) I will be training for a half marathon probably the beginning of august. Its time to get into really good shape now that i am done with my surgeries.

mxdetermined - Yes it means you workout two times a week

tsosbe - That is how I am I work full time go to school and will have to make time to workout between studying....I know I can do it :o) and so can you just have to figure out a shedule and stick to it :oi)
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    Sounds good blueviolet20 . I did two rounds of P90X and will be incorporating some of the videos in my workout routine. I cant wait! I will add you as a friend. I am going to start Monday March 21st
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I currently do that about 2-3 times a week. Not sure If I want to do it 5 days. Love....Love Challenges...Let me think about it :wink:
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    I currently do that about 2-3 times a week. Not sure If I want to do it 5 days. Love....Love Challenges...Let me think about it :wink:

Okay sounds good. I have decided its time to REALLY step it up. I want the results I want in two months. They are not unreasonable or undoable it will just take hard work and eating right the whole time.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    On my 10th Week of P90x Lean routine. I do Cardio. Running or elliptical days. Was thinking about starting Insanity over the next couple of weeks. Then do Insanity and Chalean Extreme Combo...Oooooh man. Now I'm really thinking about it. Oh Darn...Count me in!
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    tsosbe - That is how I am I work full time go to school and will have to make time to workout between studying....I know I can do it :o) and so can you just have to figure out a shedule and stick to it :oi)

you might have me convinced :) I'm a full time student taking 15 hours a week, and working 20+ hours a week. Let me think about it. I'm not sure 7 days a week would work, maybe 5? Thats 2 showers a day haha :)
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    On my 10th Week of P90x Lean routine. I do Cardio. Running or elliptical days. Was thinking about starting Insanity over the next couple of weeks. Then do Insanity and Chalean Extreme Combo...Oooooh man. Now I'm really thinking about it. Oh Darn...Count me in!

YaY! It wont be until March 21st But I will add you as a friend and then message you on like the 20th and see whats up. i cant wait to start and it will be so nice to have other people doing the same thing or similar to what i'm doing.. will def motivate me to keep going.
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options

you might have me convinced :) I'm a full time student taking 15 hours a week, and working 20+ hours a week. Let me think about it. I'm not sure 7 days a week would work, maybe 5? Thats 2 showers a day haha :)

Haha i get that it will just be nice to have a group that going through some of the same things I am going through. I am starting march 21st. I will add you as a firend and then message you as well on liek the 20th or so and see whats up :o)
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options

Haha i get that it will just be nice to have a group that going through some of the same things I am going through. I am starting march 21st. I will add you as a firend and then message you as well on liek the 20th or so and see whats up :o)

Alright! Sounds good! and even if it doesnt work out for me, it will be nice to have a friend that understands the whole college+ work thing.
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options

Alright! Sounds good! and even if it doesnt work out for me, it will be nice to have a friend that understands the whole college+ work thing.

Yes i totally get that. Its so hard. I really wish that I could win the lottery so I could live off that for a couple years and just finish school. If I could do that I would be done in two years. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Support is always awesome.
  • gburkhart2
    Options
    gburkhart2 - i have a personal goal of where I want to be by summer (2 months for me) I will be training for a half marathon probably the beginning of august. Its time to get into really good shape now that i am done with my surgeries.

"Personal goal." What does that mean? Weight? If your "personal goal" is not to compete in some sort of athletic event, based on my own experiences as in weight loss and as a competitive athlete, I see no advantage to doing two-a-days. Even that is debatable depending on what type of event you may be training for.

Expecting "fast" results is almost always unreasonable and almost always unhealthy. Most likely you didn't put on the weight in two months, it should probably take more than two months to take if off. This is My Fitness Pal, not My Skinny Pal.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do. That is for you to decide. I just hate to see people overwork themselves and/or over-think their situations. Good luck, take care of yourself and be healthy. Oh, and remember that skinny does not equal healthy.
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options

"Personal goal." What does that mean? Weight? If your "personal goal" is not to compete in some sort of athletic event, based on my own experiences as in weight loss and as a competitive athlete, I see no advantage to doing two-a-days. Even that is debatable depending on what type of event you may be training for.

Expecting "fast" results is almost always unreasonable and almost always unhealthy. Most likely you didn't put on the weight in two months, it should probably take more than two months to take if off. This is My Fitness Pal, not My Skinny Pal.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do. That is for you to decide. I just hate to see people overwork themselves and/or over-think their situations. Good luck, take care of yourself and be healthy. Oh, and remember that skinny does not equal healthy.

i have not put on any weight. I am 115 lbs I am were I want to be when it comes to my weight. I am wanting to tone my body. I did this last year before summer and got outstanding results. I am not really worried about the number on the scale as to what I see in the mirror. My 'personal goal' is to be able to be look at myself naked in the mirror and be happy with what I see. That is MY personal goal. I know what my body can handle and what my body cannot. If I feel overworked then I will bring it down. I am not going to completely ware myself out and be unhealthy. That is not what this is about. I have reached this goal before and will reach it again.

Just curious. Not trying to bring out the sexist card BUT I see men putting notes on the message boards about doing two a days and working out for four hours at the gym and doing everything that I am going to (probably even more than I am going to do) and I dont see anyone telling them ...you might be doing to much. I am a big femanist and believe that girls can do alot of what guys can (not all because we are just not built like yall) but for the most part we can. Thank you for being concerned but in this case it is not necessary. :o)
  • gburkhart2
    Options
    It has nothing to do with you being a woman. It's not a matter of gender, but perception of the situation. I'm not concerned for your well being because you're "a fragile little girl that can't take care of herself." I'm concerned because you're a human being.

As I said, at one point in my life I was a competitive athlete participating in two-a-days. The purpose, in my particular sport (swimming) was to have a high amount of activity to come down from, otherwise known as "taper."
    From my experience, which may be limited compared to some, I don't think you'll see better or faster results doing two-a-days to "get in shape." Whether that means "getting in shape" by the broad definition or by your own.
    After competing in swimming, I also coached swimming. I would never suggest anyone, male or female, do two-a-days unless they were training for a very specific event. And depending on the event, I still wouldn't suggest it.

Good luck and take care.