New to myfitnesspal

Options
I just signed up in February, but I haven't done anything until this last Tuesday. I have always been a yo-yo dieter and know how frustrating it is to be consistent. I have had one stint with success for about a year and then my parents fell ill and passed away.....emotional eating has always been my area of weakness!

I have had gestational diabetes with both of my pregnancy, but the second one I had to take insulin to manage through. I know that my risks are higher for contracting the adult onset diabetes because of that alone, but the fact, that juvenile diabetes was my mother's challenge in life holds even more weight for me to make a change! I recently, realized that my health would soon be in jeopardy and that I needed to turn the tide!

I am so grateful for this website! I am seeing results every day in so many ways.....my mood, my outlook on life, the way I physically feel when I wake up, the bloating is subsiding and even 2 pounds are gone from 3 days of diligence! I love how easy this site makes it to track everything you eat, drink and do! Not to mention the wonderful support system in this community that is available to us!

The fact that it is free to join and use is absolutely remarkable to me and makes me want to tell everyone I know about it! I discovered this website through my phone app store. I was searching for a tool to help me while I was out and about because I am always on the move and eating out. I am amazed at how easy this app and website has made my life......I have gone the route of writing every thing down by hand and researching all the labels before and it is tedious if not daunting! This site has taken out all of that hassle! I can use anything I have on my shelves without spending a boat load of money to get on track!

I am grateful and happy to be here!!!:flowerforyou:

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Replies

• glcarr65
    glcarr65 Posts: 74
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you.
    I just joined last week and lost 2 lbs this week. I still have a ways to go but I really think this website is going to be a big help...

Feel free to add me as a friend and I will help you all I can...

:smile: :smile:
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    :smile: I signed up on this sight a few months ago and also just started using it daily:-) I have 3 wonderful children and had gestational diabetes for 2 of them! so scary, I too do not want to deal with that later in life and want to be around to see my grandchildren. Good Luck! stay positive!!!

You can add as a friend if you like:-)
    Samantha
  • Rachael68
    Rachael68 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am also amazed at how easy it is to keep track of the foods I am eating. I can't believe I stumbled across this site and it is free! I feel like it is a sign that this is the time to get moving on a healthier me. I am thrilled to have the support and am going to be true to the idea of keeping track and working on exercise daily and hope to see some real results happen. Welcome and add me as a friend if you would like, we can keep each other supported! My name is Rachael