INSANITY

Options
Getting ready to start my second round of Insanity Monday morning. Didn't quite complete the last round.... lost my motivation! But this time I'm determined to finish and get some good results!!!

Looking for others doing the Insanity workout as well! The before and after pictures were a GREAT motivation to me. Ready to be in that bikini this summer.

Ready to get fit!! Let's do this!! =)

Replies

• therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up Week 4 of Insanity this week. So, tell me, how does the second half compare? I hear it's killer compared to the first half.
  • jaderz
    jaderz Posts: 7
    Options
    Sadly, I didn't get that far. I only got a few weeks in... =( But this time I'm hoping I make it through the end. Determined to get one of those Insanity T-shirts!! lol.
    Goodluck to you!!!! =)
  • Bthack
    Bthack Posts: 48
    Options
    Jade I got your back girl!!! we will complete it!!! im going straight into round 2 after I finish round one!!! Bikini's or bust! haha
  • Somenameioi
    Somenameioi Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity in Sept and didn't finish( never got to the max workouts)- I got injured and then Thanksgiving came around. So I started again after Thanksgiving and got 2 about 2 workouts from the end before going on Vacation- so I would say I "finished' - I just couldn't do the last 2 workouts. I thought the 2nd half was way harder- but soooooo worth it! I didn't lose any pants sizes in the first half and in the second half I suddenly dropped about 1 1/2 sizes. I hadn't gone to the gym in a long time since I was working out at home and when I finally went after completing the program- I could totally see my muscles in the mirrors. Muscles everywhere!! Stick with it! Insanity is great!
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am in! I was just about to post something like this because I was going to start on Monday and wanted some support, lets do this!!
  • britlew
    britlew Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    im right there with you girl. i get a couple weeks in and lose motivation!!
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of trying this program, just not sure what I am looking at. Even though my weight may not project it, I am very active, so I think that I'll have the stamina for Insanity, but read some reviews and not sure...

Can anyone give me a snapshot on what to expect from this program?

Blessings,

Diane
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I just started INSANITY this week... 4 days into it. It's pretty intense, but not horribly so, but I think it's because I'm still learning the moves and am not able to go nearly as hard/fast as they do in the video, but imagine I will, as I get better at it. Always up for some extra support for getting through the program. I'm also just starting to train for my second half-marathon, so it's a lot of moving!
  • jaderz
    jaderz Posts: 7
    Options
    Insanity is a workout by Shaun T. This is what it says on the site! "You perform long bursts of maximum-intensity exercises with short periods of rest. Each workout keeps you constantly challenged as you alternate between aerobic and anaerobic intervals performed at your MAX. The result: burn up to 1,000 calories in an hour and get the most insane body in 60 days."

It's amazing!! You should do it. Just make sure you keep at your own pace. Don't try to compete with the people on the videos. And take breaks if you need to!

YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to start this past Monday, but I didn't. My whole family is sick right now and so I still feel like death....hopefully by Monday I will be recovered and can start the program! I'm going away the end of May and would like to have finished one round by then.
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Tomorrow the Insanity starts! I am excited but then again....kinda scared lol.
  • kube
    kube Posts: 3
    Options
    I am one workout away from finishing the first month. The key to lasting, ladies, is GO AT YOUR OWN PACE. I cannot stress it enough. Just make sure to push your self a little more each time. If you cannot jump as high as those steroid injected girls or leap as fast back and forth as the insane man, Shaun T himself at first....it's way ok. Even if you can't after a couple of weeks, it's ok. As long as you are progressing you will see results. I'm like the girls on here who lose motivation but the key is not to go into it as an overachiever. Just make sure you are eating right, drinking your water and listening to your own body. I still can't completely keep up with any of the workouts, (almost but not quite there), but I have lost 5 pounds and over an inch around my waist. My energy levels are outstanding which is what I wanted in the first place. I know my progress doesn't sound like much but that's because I haven't been eating as clean as I should be. But at this rate, I'm still gonna look good on the boat this summer so whateve's :) Don't give up and don't be intimidated. Start with realistic goals and go at your OWN PACE! You can do it!

Kube
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I did Day 8 this morning. I love this workout. My motivation, aside from having a pretty kick a*s friend on here who's also doing it, is that I want to say that I DID IT. This is a challenge for me. I'm not all that physically fit and so every workout is a challenge. I'm just looking forward to doing that final fit test and seeing how far I've gone from start to finish. And I also want my T-shirt!