I need some motivation right now

Options
My husband is in Iraq and he was supposed to call me on Skype today, but hasn't yet. I've talked to him on the phone, but haven't seen his face in over a week. I'm just really bummed out right now and have no desire to do anything. I just need some motivation to get up and work out and I figured this would be a good place to look for support.

Replies

• jessica6335
    Options
    The best thing about working out is that you can take your mind off of everything else...especially if it's a hardcore workout! :)
    Hope your day gets better and that you get to "see" your hubby soon!
  • MAC815
    MAC815 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was once married to the military and my phone. Working out will give you something else to focus on, let that be your motivation. And when your done you are going to feel great. Try and look forward to that "high" you feel about 20 minutes after your workout is complete. You deserve to be a better you!!! But only you can do that!

GOOD LUCK!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am sure you don't want to miss his call, but you can get some great free workouts on line at exercisetv.com
    Many are just 20 minutes so sometimes I start with one and think, ok, I can do another...
    Good luck! and thanks to your hubby!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have been there honey, army wife here! I know how tough it is. I did a lot of working out and eating right while he was gone, it helped me to think that I was working on myself while he was gone and I hoped to surprise him with an improved version of myself when he returned. I couldn't always control when I would get to hear from him, but I could control what I was doing while I was waiting!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I agree, working out takes your mind off of things. Plus, if your life is anything like mine, it's when you go to workout that everything & everyone needs you for something. Who knows, you may start changing clothes to go to workout & you may get that skype call you've been waiting for. If that doesn't happen, you're already half way there to working out!
  • annadilynn
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you have not seen your husband in a while...I know how hard it is...My husband was out to sea before we had skype and cell phones we had just started email as a society then...so its awesome that you have all those tools...I hope you see him soon!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    oh, you're doing 30DS? just get it done, you will feel better!
  • ftt_nyeh
    ftt_nyeh Posts: 17
    Options
    YOU'RE WINNING! YOU"VE GOT TIGER BLOOD IN YOUR VEINS!
  • ljbrauer
    ljbrauer Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm sorry about you not being able to see your husbands face and see all that you love about him. I am a military wife, and though my husband has never been deployed (due to where he is stationed) I still hate it when he leaves for TDYs. I know how hard it is to not see your best friend's face everyday and be able to touch and kiss him. I understand how important that Skype session is, even though you can talk over the phone.

You should be motivated to get up and do something active because you want to be the best you (physically and mentally) for when he returns. You want him to take one look at you upon his arrival home and say, "my wife is super hot!" or "baby, you look so beautiful!". I bet you would love that from him and you won't make any progress if you feel sad and down and don't work out. I bet working out will help you get through the frustration and make the time go until you get to see him on Skype again. Use your husband as motivation and I am certain you will feel better. Take good care!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Working out will improve you mood and just think how excited you will be to show him all the progress you've made getting healthy :).

Thank you for the sacrifices that you and your husband are making for our country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Exercise releases endorphins, which will help bring your mood up a bit. Also, you are already feeling blue, why add to it by not working out. You know you'll only feel worse. So go ahead and get started. You may not think you feel like it, but once you get moving you'll be so glad you did.

You know you want to look super for when he comes home, so every day matters!

Do the workout and smile while you think about the day he gets back and the look on his face when he see's you.

PS - When you do talk to him, tell him thanks for me. My husband is retired Navy, and most members of my family are either serving now or have served.
  • brendanevels
    Options
    My prayers are with your husband
    I was you two days ago I just didn't have no getup and go than I realize that I needed to be health to deal with my twins and to inprove my over all health I work as an MA in a near by hospital and I see some of my patients comming in weighting any were between 300 and 500 lbs. yesterday I admited young lady 1 year younger than me and she was 475lbs this is not how I wanted to be my family need me and yours need you so get up and get moving.
  • Aintplayin
    Aintplayin Posts: 102
    Options
    You working out will give him a special surprise for when he gets home.

Hats off to your husband.
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    The hardest part is getting out the door. Once you get to the car you will go to the gym, get on the treadmill (or elliptical, or whatever) and just go. You wont think about anything because you don't have to. Your body already knows the movements. You don't have to have a huge 1000 cal burn day. But getting in your exercise for today will help you feel better in the end. (Maybe not 100% better, but better about yourself.) Just remember how it feels to finish a good workout and come home to a hot shower. You can do this! Remember who you are doing this for...YOURSELF!
  • Lele71
    Lele71 Posts: 76
    Options
    Just think about your goals and what you want to accomplish. I didn't want to work out today and I had no motivation, but then I thought about all the things that I want to do and that got me through the workout and once I was done I did feel better. I hope that you do hear from your husband soon.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you need some girl time :o( ::hug:: maybe call a friend & go walking & talk & get starbs & then get your butt in gear & workout when she leaves, remind yourself how great you'll look when your hubby comes home. i know it's tough when they're away.
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So after reading the responses, I got up and did my 30 Day Shred. My mood has improved a little. I think the endorphins are just now hitting me. Now I'm just waiting for my daughter to wake up from her nap and play with me. Nothing like chasing blocks and plastic balls around to cheer me up!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Glad you were able to get motivated and finished your workout. I thank you and your family for all the sacrifices you are making. I hope you get to "see " your hubby very soon. :flowerforyou:
  • Shellndub
    Shellndub Posts: 72
    Options
    You can do it! Do the right thing because it will feel better longer! Food is such a instant and fleeting feeling it gives you. Can't imagine being a military wife. Kudos to you!!!
    You can do it! Put on a fun motivating dvd, or do some jumping jacks lol , or go for a walk?
    Hope that helps