losing faith not lbs...

Options
*sighs*

This last week has been a nightmare with me going 1000/2000 cals over pretty much everyday...exercise wise i am doing great! I just can't seem to get the food side of things under control, also it hasn't helped being on night shifts-as you literally add another meal on to the daily intake- I am partly to blame as I did not take in a healthy snack...won't be doing that again!!!

The thing is I am going to a Christmas ball on Dec 13th this year and would love to be at my 1st target weight of 145lbs...but it just seems pretty impossible due to this insane over eating...any advice, encouragement would be warmly welcomed I just seem stuck in this cycle.

I am determined to do this using MFP...but am worried I just keep gaining :huh:

love skiski

Replies

• skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    *sighs*

This last week has been a nightmare with me going 1000/2000 cals over pretty much everyday...exercise wise i am doing great! I just can't seem to get the food side of things under control, also it hasn't helped being on night shifts-as you literally add another meal on to the daily intake- I am partly to blame as I did not take in a healthy snack...won't be doing that again!!!

The thing is I am going to a Christmas ball on Dec 13th this year and would love to be at my 1st target weight of 145lbs...but it just seems pretty impossible due to this insane over eating...any advice, encouragement would be warmly welcomed I just seem stuck in this cycle.

I am determined to do this using MFP...but am worried I just keep gaining :huh:

love skiski
  • jillb2727
    Options
    Have you been losing inches? I have lost inches but only about 4-5 lbs.

Working the night shift must be tough. Taking a few healthy snacks & eating 2-3x during your shift may be what you need to reduce your overall caloric intake.
  • KKaidy
    KKaidy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I know how you feel! I'm just getting back on track...... It's easy to get frustrated and just say 'the heck with it' and continue making poor eating choices. I fall into the mind-trap frequently.

You cannot beat yourself up over yesterday! Every day is a NEW day and a FRESH opportunity to make good choices. Plan your day out. Portion out healthy snacks to get you through your night shift without going over your calorie requirements - baggies of almonds, veggies, low-fat cheese sticks. Higher protein snacks will leave you feeling satisfied for longer periods of time.

Just keep reminding yourself that YOU are worth it! Find a picture of a dress you'd like to wear to the ball and pin it up in your kitchen, pantry, keep one in your purse. Remind yourself that you deserve to feel that good & beautiful.....!!!

You can do it!! Keep your spirits up!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I have been planning ahead lately and it seams to help. If I know I will be out a long period of time I make my meals and snacks to take with me. Knowing what you are going to eat helps me stay on track, but I also have those days I cant help but eat and that is when the extra walk or some form of exercise kicks in. You can do this. :drinker:
  • shivers
    shivers Posts: 53
    Options
    I hear you on this one... I've been feeling so down and depressed lately. I went over on my calories every day for the last 2 weeks and of course gained a few lbs... :frown: I'm trying to get back on track and remember that every day starts again, but it's hard, I feel so impatient sometimes.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I hear you on this one... I've been feeling so down and depressed lately. I went over on my calories every day for the last 2 weeks and of course gained a few lbs... :frown: I'm trying to get back on track and remember that every day starts again, but it's hard, I feel so impatient sometimes.

Ditto.......

And it doesn't help that my hubby is discouraged because he too has gained weight.

But! Today is a new day and I'm getting different options for us to eat. I'm focusing more on types of calories for now, not so much the quantity. I have to get this fast food out of my life!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    have you ever tried planning what you're going to eat for the day and then logging it ahead of time? This is what I do, so that i can see what i have planned to eat, how many calories it will be, and if what I'm planning goes over my daily intake I try to get some extra walking done on my breaks or I hit the gym on my lunch break and then eat at my desk later on...

or I eat what i have planned and just try to cut back on some of the things so that I can get the cals back to where they should be..
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Thank you all so much you have really helped me clear my mind xxx

jillb2727:

I have lost about 1 inch so far! not too good i know. I hear you the next lot of nights will not get me I will be prepared armed with fruit, some veggies and herbal teas!!!:smile: great job on your weight loss.

SoccerMomX3:

I totally agree, sometimes it feels like it would be easier to quit, but you are right every day is a new day and fresh opportunity to start over...I guess I just couldn't see beyond the cycle...like you say the mind trap...protien hmmm any ideas what I could use I don't eat red meat so am a bit useless on ideas!

I like the idea of the picture of the dress I already have it in the closet up in my room I may hang it up so it is visible as a reminder.:smile: fab job on your weight loss!

sindyb9:

I hear you I think the best thing I can do is plan ahead, hopefully I will be able to be a bit more organised with meals and the like. Thank you and amazing job on your weight loss!!!

Shivers:

Totally hear you it is more difficult when you feel down and it can make getting back on track so much more difficult...you are right everyday does start again and so what if we are impatient, we are allowed to be :wink: great job so far xxx

Fab140:

Indeed my chap is overweight and it does not help you know? Hang in there...we can banish fast food out of our lives!!!xxx

Shkaki:

Due to very random shifts I don't always have the to put in my days meal plan but I will try to give it a go despite shifts...not thought of that before! Unfortunately the ward where I work is a locked ward and all breaks are on the ward itself so there is no chance of having a lunch time walk...Am usually lucky if I get a break!!! Thanks for the advice xxx