Really important question, i'm confused.

Options
I asked a little while ago about detox diets, and I tried it back in the day and they sucked, but I asked about peoples' expieriences with them.
Well a few people said that they didn't try it, but water and veggies would do it for you.

Okay, but, if I were to just eat veggies, how could i get my caloric intake for the day?

one bag of broccoli is 100 calories.i'd have to eat 12 bags of broccoli haha.

So, anyone want to explain this to me? or something. I was just curious, and I didn't wanna do this and get sick.

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Usually when doing a detox diet you are eating way under calories.
  • Anna19911
    Anna19911 Posts: 141
    Options
    I agree. Detox means you don't really eat or drink anything but water.
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    What are the supposed benefits of the diet you're considering trying?
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to do it. There seems to be no benefits haha
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Whew! (wipes his head). good stuff kiersten. There's no science based evidence that detoxes do a darn thing for your health or body.
  • Georgie_P
    Georgie_P Posts: 62
    Options
    I do a detox / cleanse twice a month and its really intense - I do not recommend any of the crazy stuff like lemons and maple syrup .. but after a day of cleanse i can kick start my body and lose about 2-3 lbs in the process....

Let me know if you have questions ...
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Unless we're talking about placebo effects, there is no sound science behind a "detox". I always kind of wonder what toxins are being removed from your body by virtue of not eating. It seems like eating clean or eating raw for a few days would yield much better results, more safely.