Water?

Options
I know we are supposed to have about 8 glasses of water a day. But is that a big glass? little glass? 8 ounces? 16 ounces?

I have been going by these 10 ounce cups we have here at work - but a co-worker told me it's supposed to be 16 ounces. That seems like an awful lot more water.

Does anyone know? Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    I know we are supposed to have about 8 glasses of water a day. But is that a big glass? little glass? 8 ounces? 16 ounces?

I have been going by these 10 ounce cups we have here at work - but a co-worker told me it's supposed to be 16 ounces. That seems like an awful lot more water.

Does anyone know? Thanks! :smile:
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    I usually drink 8-10 8 oz glasses per day. :drinker:

It's been said in the past that you're supposed to drink 8 8oz glasses of water per day. I've heard that you're supposed to drink half of your body weight in water. For example, if you weigh 200 lbs you should be drinking 100 ounces of water. Not sure which is accurate. I'd say if you're drinking at least 64 oz of water each day then you're on the right track!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The minimum is 64 ounces (8 eight ounce glasses), but I've heard that in addition to that you should drink one glass for every hour you spend in the sun, one glass for every hour of exercise that you do, and one glass for every 25 pounds of weight that you want to lose. For me that adds up to a whole lot of water, so I try to get a minimum of 96 ounces per day (I have 32 ounce bottles and try to drink 3 of them every day...but I did just order a metal 40 ounce bottle that I am superexcited about!!! haha)
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    I try to drink 2 of my 52oz cups a day. Water is awesome...flushes all the crud out. :0)
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible with my water intake. I really have to step it up. I needed to hear all you who do so well with it.

Thanks

44118.png

:flowerforyou:
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    :laugh: Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the input! I think I will go with what seems to be "average" answer - at least 64 ounces. I usually get in a bit more than that, as my cups are 10 ounces - so based on your answers, I'm good! :drinker: Bottoms up everyone!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I just count my ounces, I read you should have half your body weight in ounces, so I am 230, I should be drinking at least 115 oz a day
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    The minimum is 64 ounces (8 eight ounce glasses), but I've heard that in addition to that you should drink one glass for every hour you spend in the sun, one glass for every hour of exercise that you do, and one glass for every 25 pounds of weight that you want to lose. For me that adds up to a whole lot of water, so I try to get a minimum of 96 ounces per day (I have 32 ounce bottles and try to drink 3 of them every day...but I did just order a metal 40 ounce bottle that I am superexcited about!!! haha)

This is what I've heard too. I was never a water drinker before I came here and found it pretty hard to get into the habit of drinking it. I have a 20oz. bottle and carry it around with me all day long. It's just the right size for my desk at the office - close enough to me, but small enough to fit right next to my monitor so I don't accidentally knock it over (I'm a clutz). It fits perfectly in my cup holder in the car and small enough to carry that and my lunch and whatever else up and down the stairs at work. I make it a point to refill it at least five times and just keep drinking. Another thing that helped me was those little on-the-go packets like Crystal Light or Wrylers or my favorite is actually the Great Value brand of Peach Tea. Now, I alternate between a packet and just plain water. I will eventually cut out the packets all together. For some reason I've found it easy to four full bottles in before I even leave work at 4:30, then I'm more than happy to down one during my time at the gym and on the way home from thegym.