I need support

Options
I need support from others!

Does mfp really work?! Is it helping people?? I have been following mfp for about 9 days. And working out a lot. I just dont want to feel discouraged. I am not seeing a difference in fit in my clothes. :explode:

Replies

• AlisonMacKay
    Options
    I too have only been on mfp for a couple of day but I do know that for others it works. It works for me because I can see how many cals I can consume and I try to make sure I stay under that at the end of the day when all is done. I hope you stick with it and get to see a difference.:flowerforyou:
  • heatherisom
    heatherisom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been on this for 2 weeks and love love love it. For me it is better than weight watchers since I can see how things are good and bad for me. My husband joined up after a few days of me bragging it. I see results every day that I follow my goals. Stick with it for a week and see for yourself.
  • kbloodworth
    kbloodworth Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes. It really does work. I had been at a plateau for 3 months before joining the site, and I've lost almost a full three lbs in the last two weeks since I started. It is not a quick fix, just stick with it and you'll see results.

You can add me as a friend if you need extra support with diet, fitness and accountability!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I've been doing MFP for almost exactly one year now - and I'm down 48lbs. Some weeks i lose, some weeks i don't. But overall it definitely helps. Just keep with it, be honest in your food diary, and consider it a lifestyle change. Best wishes to you. :flowerforyou:
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It takes time. Don't get discouraged. You may not notice anything right away and then a few weeks down the road you have a holy crap moment! I only lost 3 lbs my first week and I was like booo. I want more, but then I think well 3 lbs a week gives me 12 lbs a month and 144 lbs in a year. That gets me almost to my goal weight. So just take it one day and a time, If your giving it your all and doing what you should it'll happen for you. Try mixing up your workout and doing something different, or eating different foods. When your body gets used to things it can be a little stubborn on you.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    stick with it you need 2 give it a bit longer
  • lyisrael
    lyisrael Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Marg11 keep going !! You will see a change believe me ... I have watched 2 of my nieces body transform by watching what they eat and working out. Prayerfully I am going to start going to the community gym and work out. I don't know how many days I will be doing that ?!?! The weather is starting to break in Chicago so I may can do my walknig during the day near the lake, Keep going !!!
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    I've just started this week. I have almost zero support at home, all my husband could say today was "thats nice". Good luck and you'll do great. Add me if you'd like.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Here since June 2010. The ticker in my signature says all. LOL
    You just have to give yourself time. You can't expect miracles after only 9 days. Stick with it and you will see results.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Yes, it helps me every day!

Good luck on journey!
  • agrant55
    agrant55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i keep telling my self that this weight did not come over nite and it is not going to leave over nite. I just keep working out and watching what i eat. gl
  • Alleykatt28
    Alleykatt28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I personally think this site is wonderful.... but I wanted to make a comment on your "not seeing any difference in the clothes" area. I have lost 12 lbs so far and my clothes still fit normally for the most part. Other than maybe not needing to do the squat dance to get the jeans all the way up as much - it's still for the most part the same. I guess we need to lose a lot more than just 10 to 15 lbs before we actually see it in our clothes.

Where I can really notice weight loss in someone (including myself) is my face. Take a pic of your face and in a week take another pic and so forth. Look at the chin and your jaw line - I guarantee you will probably notice the change!

So even though my pants still fit pretty normally and aren’t falling off after losing 12 lbs, I have found that my face is where I found my "wow I can see it" difference.

Good luck to you on your goal. I know it's hard and sometimes discouraging to not see the weight just fall off.... but as they say.... Good things come to those who 'weight' (i know it's 'wait', but i thought it a funny haha moment, lol). :)
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    I've logged on for about 68 days in a row. I've lost 11 pounds since 1/3/11 and went down a size in jeans. I exercise 5-6 days a week, log my exercise and food intake, eat healthy but don't deprive myself since I see it as a lifestyle change, not a diet. This site is amazing and you can find people who will support you. Tracking food intake really educates you about portions, nutrients, calories, etc. I pay attention to sugar intake most of all because I love sugar and it's my down fall. Look for a challenge on the message boards, they keep you motivated. I do a walking challenge and the 25 pounds by July challenge. Friend me if you want, I check in daily and will be on this site for a long time to come. Good luck, you can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • MeaganAnn84
    Options
    Bodies are resistant to change, they're stubborn! Stick with it and you'll see results. I weighed myself today, and I'm going to hide my scale for 2 weeks, I get discouraged like you do. Even though I know our bodies are resistant, it still is frustrating. Hang in there! Add me if you'd like, I like having friends here for motivation and support!